Options

Microwave dish slips off rotator constantly

Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 209
edited July 2022 in Products and Accessories
The Contoure brand microwave in our 2021 tab features a poorly fitting dish that engages the rotating three leaf plastic gear below by a few thousands inch depth.
It is a constant struggle to keep it aligned and not shoved to one side.
 *Yes it travels removed to under sink.*
The dish matches pictures of online rreplacements so our first thought that it's a misfit seems unlikely.  

Is ours an anomaly or is this generation of appliance faulty in others' experience as well?

Thinking about how to machine a Delrin replacement for the three winged turner below thats a wee bit taller.  Really don't need more projects. We want to use it soon.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 377
    Ha..I don't have an answer....we also find that a bit  frustrating.  We love having the microwave for quick reheats, boiling a cup of water, etc..  We store  bread, chips, cookies and tortillas in the microwave when not in use and that keeps everything in place...looking forward to hearing suggestions..
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I would remove the glass plate whilst traveling to prevent damage, or stuff something soft in the oven like Yoshi does.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Asking who else received a camper where the microwave dish fails to engage the mechanism no matter what.  Defective merchandise. 

• Options
    RMoRMo Member Posts: 145
    We have the same issue in our 2019 400.  It will fit on the track but come off with even the slightest provocation.  And it’s not easy to fit back in place.
    2019 T@B 400
    2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Maxcamp8 said:
    .  Defective merchandise. 
    Hi, As mentioned above, I and others have the same issue and they are all probably the same for that brand.   I don't consider it defective.  I considered it a poor design which (I believe) is attributed to being a smaller microwave.  The design   is common among many microwaves and works fine when they are larger.    We love having a microwave in the camper and find the pain this causes small compared to other things.  Maybe a standalone rotating turn table can be found or when I look on Amazon, there are many replacement rings and glass.  Maybe one with a better design to engage the glass can be found.  Good luck and happy microwaving...
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    We have a similar issue with two small microwave ovens we own, one we bought for the TaB, the other is in our studio.  Both are not as good as our large home microwave.  I do not think this a a defective unit, just the way a lot of these smaller microwaves are these days.  You can attribute it to off shore manufacturing with mediocre designs.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    After grinding down the three wheels on the loose turntable roller ring , ordered three various ones from Amazon.  this one did the trick, lowered the turntable plate just enough to engage properly.  Nucamp provided a ring with 16mm wheels, this is 13.5mm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081SSJNRM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Microwave Glass Turntable Plate Roller Support Rotating Ring, Wheels Height: 0.55" / 14mm, Outer Diamater 7" / 178mm - 2 Pack

• Options
    Hi,  I have an extra  microwave turntable ring if anyone would want it.  I replaced mine and they came 2 in a pack.  E mail me at srichman4@verizon.net and I'll send it out.
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland