Options

Using the T@B 400 front table as a small couch / lounger

Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 218
We started our trip with the front table in our camper setup as a "bed" planning to use it more as a "couch" or "lounger" so one of us could stretch out on the bed and the other on the front.  But some creaking and groaning from the table in that config has me worried we were exceeding the weight limit, which I wasn't able to find on google or the manual.

Does anyone know what the limit is?  Either of us is around 200lbs, and it's only one of us at a time on the space, when we had it set up that way, at least...
Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,203
    Not sure what the weight limit is. My concern is the point load from the leg on the table. I sometimes sleep on the dinette bed and I put a towel under the leg to help spread that load. We actually have a little impression in the flooring from that leg which prompted me to use a towel. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2022
    A thin flat bit of plastic or wood, will spread the load better.  Our original floor developed a slight dent as well (Infinity floor with a pad behind it).  

As for supporting the weight, when used as a couch, just get up on the coach mode from one side or the other, splitting the difference between the table and bench.  We use ours this way all the time, with the new 2021 lightweight table, and it has not been an issue.  Just make sure the latches are set, try lifting the back of the table to make sure it latches.  If the latches are not locked, I will squeak some.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.