Options

Porch Light LED swap

Hi from Minnesota.  Today I swapped out the factory halogen bulb in the porch light fixture with an LED.  I've attached photos showing the original bulb, a side-by-side view of the halogen and LED, the installed LED bulb, and a snap of the part number.  

Once you get the cover off it's a very easy install. Pull out the halogen and then insert the LED.  The heat shield/reflector does need to be either removed or bent upwards.  I chose the latter in the event that I go back to the halogen.  Not sure why I'd need to do this but just in case I decided not to remove it.  

If you look at the installed LED photo you can see the how it looks.

http://www.m4products.com/g4-12-5050-side-ww-warm-white-g4-t3-retrofit-led-light-with-side-pins-replaces-10w-halogen/

I went with the warm white but they also have natural white and cool white.
2014 T@B-S
2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
Minnesota

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Hey Spruce1 - What year is your T@B?
    There's a thread from roughly 6-months ago where they also replaced the porch light. -Can't remember what year T@B that was though.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I think it was @Michigan_Mikeputting an amber light in.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We air brushed the inside of our lens with yellow translucent paint from Hobby Lobby.  (It still attracts bugs). 
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    Hey PXLated- Ours is a 2014.  The only other thread I found was a swap out of the socket on a Silver Shadow (Michigan Mike's). That involved doing some minor rewiring.  For mine I found a LED retro fit bulb that fits in the existing socket.  The bulb I got is white.  It's weird that the new bulb appears amber when off, it's actually white when illuminated.
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    LuigiLuigi Member Posts: 31
    Following NuCamp's directive, we bought the amber porch light from our dealer (TAB 400) and paid quite a lot. $45.00 for the light, shipping/handling, taxes, came to $56.00. People at Ucamp last year bought theirs for >$20.00. We're putting it on ourselves to save $$. 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We put in a retrofit LED bulb when we first got the Tab. I tried a few before I found one that was dim enough. We wanted to avoid lighting the whole woods with it. Ours is an earlier Tab, so the fixture might be different for later ones.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya