Options

Has anyone else reprogrammed the Air8? 😆

Hi!  I have a 2020 Tab320S.  I have loved almost everything about this little camper.  One thing though….. I have found that sleeping in super hot weather with the AC and fan turning on and off every hour in the night under my head is a bit frustrating.  I was thinking that I read somewhere that I could fix that, and low and behold, Google led me to the reprogramming of the Air8 so that the fan can hopefully remain on separate from the temperature control aspect.  Has anyone else done this, and if so, do you regret it? 😆.  It is a one minute video clip that I followed. My fingers are crossed, but now I am a little worried like…. WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?! 

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 381
    Hi,  I've done it and no regrets.  Fan runs all the time, you do still hear the compressor cycle on/off as the temperatures deviates from set point.  Best wishes and happy cool TAB
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    KimmieGuyKimmieGuy Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for sharing!  👍🏻🌈🤗
  • Options
    Nanettefox4Nanettefox4 Member Posts: 2
    All week our Air8 has been cycling off and on perfectly. Last night, however, it shut off and when I powered it back up, I had a blank screen, touched the center of it, the regular screen came up, I powered it up and now it won't cycle on and off.  I can anyone help?
    Thank you
    Nan
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    All week our Air8 has been cycling off and on perfectly. Last night, however, it shut off and when I powered it back up, I had a blank screen, touched the center of it, the regular screen came up, I powered it up and now it won't cycle on and off.  I can anyone help?
    Thank you
    Nan
    Have you tried programming the unit?  Check out the video at the link below.

https://elwellcorp.com/product/air8/
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    I have done just that, but now I have a clicking noise while the compressor is on.  I also found an air leak under my seat where the hoses connect to the unit.  I’m really concerned about the clicking noise.  Any ideas?  I have had the 2020 Tab320S camper exactly 2 years, and 2 weeks, just outside of the 2 year warranty I’m afraid. 😥
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Others have sealed that leak with duct tape.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Yes, I did see where others do you use duct tape in the situation of an air leak. It breaks my heart though to put duct tape on a 2020 Tab320 unit. It just seems like duck tape and a brand new camper should not go together. However, duck tape in my opinion is not going to fix the  clicking noise that is lurking from the inside. That’s what concerns me. What is making that noise? And how expensive/time consuming is it going to be to repair it?  Thank you again for your help.