Options

Jensen Volume Knob and Remote Broken

I have a 2019 320CS and starting this year the Jensen volume knob turns but doesn't do anything.  I can't change the clock (have to use the volume knob to change the clock) or change volume.  The remote also doesn't do anything.  I tested the remote battery and it's fine.  I also tried the reset button a number of times.  The reviews online for Jensen radios are pretty poor and I'm wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem.  With the Jensen dead I can't reset the clock, play DVD's, change the volume.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 88
    Not sure which Jensen model you have but some can be controlled via the J control app
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    A 2019 build has the JWM70A model entertainment center (with DVD player)
    this Jensen model does support their bluetooth app.  {I've never used it so can't help with that}

My 2018 build has the same Jensen unit and it also has Volume Knob problems.  If I just turn the knob nothing happens.  However, pressing down (toward the floor) or up (toward the ceiling) while rotating the knob does cause changes to the clock or volume values.  At some point this work around will also fail but for now it works.

With my remote I've found it works best if I start by using the remote to Power-on the Jensen.  If the Jensen is already on and I've touched any of its front panel controls then the remote most of the time won't work.  Weird, crazy I know but seems to be the case.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    rharderrharder Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the suggestion and I'll give it a shot.  It's a pity that the Jensen is a piece of garbage.  And spending a few hundred bucks to get the exact same thing doesn't make sense if it's poor quality.  I wish NuCamp would come up with a solution on this.  
  • Options
    My Jensen is finicky as well so I rarely use it.
  • Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 86
    I got a Sofabaton U2 remote from Amazon to replace the dual Jensen audio and TV remotes that came in our 2023. While one of the remotes did show up in the Sofabaton database, I eneded up having to program the U2 by learning the commands from each remote. 
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Our Jensen radio has issues with some of the buttons not releasing when pressed.  Also switching to the FM band usually results in silence. It's the same even when using the remote or the controls from the Android connected app. Playing anything from our Android via Bluetooth is reliable though.  Lastly sound doesn't always play thru the driver side cabin speaker.  The sound-system is the only thing we've been disappointed with in our '19 CSS.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH