Options

2018 320-CS Fuses

Are all the glass replacement fuses for a 2018 320-CS of the slow blow type? I know the Alde fuses are, but is the Fantastic fan slow blow too?

And are the WFCO power center blade fuses slow blow also? Or does slow/fast not apply with blade fuses?

Thanks!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,683
    I assume you are looking at the Fuses For Newbies file?  (I've had a bad "assuming day today, so...). The fuse selection of "slow blow" for the Alde was a pretty special case back around 2018, and it worked out for the Alde 3010's pretty well.  My guess is the glass fuses of the very simple fan would need a "slow blow" fuse.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You can use normal auto/Marine glass tube fuse of the correct rating, slow blow are not needed for fan, 12VDC power points, lights and other non-load applications, like the radio.  However, I would use slow blow on the 2-way AC/DC compressor  fridge.

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for the input. I hadn't reviewed the Fuses for Newbies for awhile, so I just did so, and in there it states 'fast-acting' for the Alde 3010 - hence my confusion since I thought (but could be mistaken), I read here that the Alde does indeed use slow-blow... The discussion below seems to confirm that a slow-blow is correct. Perhaps Fuses for Newbies needs an update?

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/182368#Comment_182368

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    You are right, that file can get confusing.  The "newer" Alde 3020 does not have as much of a problem with blown fuses, compared to the 3010.  This was the thread that started the whole "slow blow" fuse change for owners. 

2017 Outback
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    edited July 2022
    @pthomas745 Thanks for that link. I guess its not just me, after three years owning an Alde 3010, to get confused. I have fast blow fuses in my toolbox and just ordered slow blow so I'll have both should the need ever arise. Funny thing is that we attended uCamp this year and a severe storm knocked out the power twice on Monday night, along with several other outages later that week. In all cases our Alde was on (for hot water), and at times we weren't even at the campground when the power went on or off. Luckily we never blew a fuse and our Friedrich A/C, under the same circumstances never blew a fuse. 

Thanks, Jerry 

• Options
    This is another "Alde Mystery", which could be a long running series.  Some 3010 owners never blew fuses.  I blew three or four in a couple of months.  The "trick" was to make sure the Alde was turned off before changing power sources in the trailer to avoid power surges.  Some owners still blew fuses.  I changed to "slow blow" and routinely have the Alde off, and haven't blown a fuse in a couple of years. 
    2017 Outback