Options

Is this the correct Alde fluid?

We have the new Rhomar fluid in our Alde and the  reserve tank shows fluid below the minimum level so we need to add a bit to the tank. Anyone know if this is the correct fluid?
The RV dealer we  got this from sells and services 400s and 320s so it seems like they would only have the correct fluid.  But the man I talked to really just sells things in the showroom shop and was not a service tech. It is not labeled as Rhomar but is an Alde heat transfer fluid. 

Thanks 
xdr
2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.

Comments

• Options
    RVMikeRVMike Member Posts: 24
    Oh yes, that is the right stuff.  It should say at the bottom of the lable "Alde RhoGard is manufactured and packaged by Rhomar Water for Truma Corp."  

I just changed out my yellow stuff for this green stuff.  (Thanks, Scott.)
    Mike and Priscilla, White Salmon, WA
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge, 2020 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    Golly, I assume you have green fluid in your reservoir, right?  If you have yellow antifreeze, it does not mix with the new green Alde Rhogard fluid.  If you presently have yellow fluid, it must be completely flushed out with water before changing to Alde RhoGard.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 262
    @RVMike--Thank you! Yes we already have the green Rhomar in our system, we just needed to top it off before our trip. 
    Thanks for the help
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    @xdr,
    What is the volume of that container & the cost?  Thanks.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    That was the five gallon jug.  Paid $125 US in Portland,  OR (no tax) about  month ago at Apatche Camping Center.  I used about  half,  after the flush with water.  Now I have have half  for next time. Note: I used over 25 gallons of tap water to flush the system.  Sorry to steal the thread.  But because I have,  I, once again give my thanks to ScottG.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 262
    It is one gallon and was around $33.00. I had called around and one RV dealer in town said he could order it for us at $100.00 a gal! Tom’s Camperland in AZ had it at $75,00 gal plus shipping to Albq, NM. I was skeptical this was the right fluid at that price and I’m glad we found it! 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    I think $33-40 a gallon is about the right price, $75-125 is price gouging, and nüCamp should be on top of this.  The original TF previously used sold for around $25 a gallon.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.