12 volt setting not cooling

I have a 2005 tab with a norcold 3 way.  Running it on 110 and propane is no issue.  Friday I flipped switch to 12v and heard a ping from the inverter area.  The fan kicked on so no issues I thought.  After traveling plugged into the vehicle I checked and found it was not cooling.   Other settings no issue.   Is there an inline fuse for the coils?   Why would the inverter flick the cooling fan on when it is not cooling?   Thank you in advance.  

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    You mean the fan on the WACO Converter, which shows the fridge is putting a load on the 12VDC circuit.  Could be either the battery does not have enough charge to run the fridge, which puts a significant load on the battery.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 433
    AFAIK a 2005 uses the Norcold 3163. In that case there is a fuse for the DC heating coils. The fuse is on top of the fridge which is typically accessible by removing the stove top. Having said that, an easy test is to measure battery voltage with the trailer unhooked from shore power. Turning on the fridge to DC power causes a noticeable voltage drop if the fuse and heating coils are good. 

If the trailer is connected to shore power the converter will likely turn on the fan like @Denny16 described simply because the converter has to supply around 10 amps to keep the battery from draining.