Options

2018 Tab 400: How to remove board behind Jensen stereo in order to replace it?

The Jensen stereo no longer connects with BT, get any FM reception, and overall is just terrible. I want to replace it but I cannot figure out the trick to remove the board behind the unit (in side the wardrobe). I removed all the screws I can see but the board is still attached in the upper left side and on the right - yet with no screws remaining. What's the trick?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited July 2022
    No need to remove the board in the wardrobe.  Just unscrew the Jenson unit from the front, and pull it out, the wires have enough slack to be able unhook them once the unit is pulled out.  I believe that back panel is once piece behind all the wardrobe cubbies on that side, not an easy thing to get out.  This is,how I got access to that rear area (which is a void area) to install the Victron battery monitor on the end of that wall and pull the wires in from behind. 

Once the radio unit is out, you can get some 1/8th inch baltic or furniture grade Birch ply or a plastic panel, to cover the hole, or remount a new radio unit in this area, as the speaker wires are all pulled to this area.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    vhollowvhollow Member Posts: 71
    Denny16 has the correct approach. There are two screws holding the back board that are only accessible once you remove the Jensen.
  • Options
    mrfirmwaremrfirmware Member Posts: 5
    I wish I'd asked this question earlier! Thank you for your responses. Very helpful.
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 611
    There are plastic covers over the screws on each side.  Small flathead screwdriver will pop them off.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    mrfirmwaremrfirmware Member Posts: 5
    OMG. I had it out in under a minute. So easy. Now I have to decide between the Furrion Ethos 1 (3-zone) vs the iRV68.