Options

Squirrel bit a hole in my propane line

We recently camped with our 2020 Tab 400 Boondock in a campsite that had a LOT of squirrels running around. On our second day the stove wouldn't light and we could smell something. Looking closer, we discovered a hole had been chewed in the propane line that hung down from underneath the camper. To make a long story short, we spent 2 days getting a new hose made with the proper connections and then finding a Campingworld store that would install it: it cost us over $200. We wrapped the new hose with metallic duct tape, since we learned critters like rubber and thought this would help. It would be nice if the routing of this hose could be protected from such things.

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 988
    We got back from a trip to the black hills last week and brought home a pack rat in the engine compartment of our truck! It took me 3 days to get rid of him. Luckily he did not appear to damage anything. He was too busy moving and rebuilding his nest that I kept pulling out! Except I now have to find the final one he built. Got to watch out for those critters, squirrels and pack rats! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    @bergger And deer mice (my current engine problem). And marmots. It took 9 adults, 3 kids, and a couple of dogs to get a marmot out of one Tabber’s engine at the most recent East Meets West event.

If anyone has tried those ultrasonic repellers you can put under the hood, I’d love to hear about it. Given the deer mice infestation in my neck of the (literal) woods this year, I’m open to all suggestions for protecting both the car and the Tab.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW