Options

Too Hot This Summer!

I don’t know if this is in the right category but if it isn’t I apologize.
This summer has been unbearably hot and our 2022 320S has been sitting in the driveway and even though we open the Fantastic vent on the ceiling, it must be an oven in the Tab.
the frame around the door window actually slid down approximately 2” and I couldn’t figure out what happened.  I pulled the frame loose carefully and found that it is held on with double-sided tape.  So now I have to locate some industrial tape that won’t be so affected by heat.
anyone experience this tape failure on their Tab?

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Yeah, Nucamp has been cheaping out on how this is mounted lately. I know earlier models were screwed in top and bottom. Ours has screws on top but double sided tape on the bottom. Not sure what they were thinking (they weren’t). I have it on my to do list to correct this at some point.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited August 2022
    Sorry, but nüCamp does not make the doors, they are sourced from Europe, already made up.  Somit is the door manufacturer who has reduced the quality of their product, no nüCamp. 
    @Passport, do you have the windows that can open, opened to,their lock/vent position so air can circulate in,  d leave the shade 1/2 up and screen 1/2 down so cool (coolish) air can circulate in and hot air vent out the roof vent?  I vent our TaB this way, to keep the inside temps closer to outside air temp.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    Yes, Denny I did open the side windows to have a draft going through the Tab.  The sticky tape is ultra thin and I may have a problem finding it (I’ll see) Meanwhile, I’ll look into securing the window frame with four round head very short screws.
  • Options
    RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 128
    It was over 120 degrees in my 400 today. With the vent fan open and the fan running, and a fabric cover over the T@B. I am worried the window hinge on the stargazer is going to heat up and warp again. I am going to start going out there and leaving the door open when the temperature gets close to 110. 
    2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6
  • Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 76
    It was 107 while we were camping at Wenatchee River County park a couple days ago. We survived.
    Gig Harbor Tom
    2020 TAB 320 S Boondock Lite
    2019 Toyota 4 Runner
    Puget Sound Country
  • Options
    Yep, not only the heat affected the window frame in the door but warped the front inside frame where the pull up shade is.. 
  • Options
    I found some foam tape on Amazon that withstands heat up to 220 degrees so I ordered the tape.  I found that NuCamp did not place tape completely around the door window frame which "could be" part of the problem.