Options

Tab 400 Bathroom Sink Leak

We recently purchased a 2019 lightly used Tab 400. During dewinterizing, we found water dripping from the bottom of the left side of the plastic molding near the toilet. We were able to remove the screws and pull out the sink. We found that water appears to be coming from the hot and/or cold water Pex tubing where the tubes attach to the faucet. We searched online but cannot find information about how to remove the faucet and replace the tubing. We'd appreciate any guidance and pictures on how to do it. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470

WE have a 2019 with a round sink and when I removed the sink this is what the connections look like on mine.

The hoses at the faucet are attached with PEX crimps and this requires a tool to remove and replace. Is this what yours looks like and where it it leaking? The tubing in this picture looks like standard supply line such as for a toilet or sink and the end at the sink has been cut off and attached with the PEX clamps. I am no plumber so others may have better advice.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    YMMYMM Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your reply. 

Ours looks just like yours. The leak seems to be coming from the short red tube. Did you remove the faucet? If so, how?
  • Options
    As I said I'm no plumber but if the leak is NOT at the PEX fitting at the red tube and braided white tube, you would still need to remove the PEX clamps (there is a tool for that you can get at a hardware store), and then take a large Channellock adjustable wrench and unscrew the black plastic nut you can see. Should not take a lot of force. Then the faucet assembly should pull up and out. I think others have found replacement faucets with more standard fittings that will fit that hole. You would get two supply lines that could then hook back to your supply PEX fittings coming from the floor

They likely are similar to this. Take some pics to the hardware store and they can show you the right supply lines and fittings likely. Hope this is what you need. Others may suggest a specific faucet that will work. I have just removed my sink and replaced with more storage. I capped off my supply lines. They were all 1/2 inch PEX fittings.

• Options
    Thank you so much for your very helpful response! I look forward to fixing the leak now. 

If anyone has replaced the faucet, please share the name of the faucet you used. Thanks!
  • Options
    Also, if you search faucet on the forum you get a lot of hits where folks change out the plumbing. One guy upgraded his sink faucet and moved the existing one to the folding sink 

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/15802/drain-fitting-in-fold-down-bathroom-sink-2019-t-b400-model

• Options
    Thank you for the additional information!