2018 320s Floor Replacement - Who Does the Best Work in Florida?

My T@B needs an under-warranty floor replacement and RV World was recommended by NuCamp.  Well, Yelp disagrees.  For those who know of great repair people doing quality repairs who will guarantee their work, who would y'all recommend?  Are they certified, licensed, (bonded), and insured?  Next, any thoughts on the repair process is really appreciated.

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2022
    The 2018 floor replacement procedure is a unique process developed by nüCamp to repair the floor, not replace it.  They have developed a repair process and trained dealer technicians in several key areas of the country (not all TaB dealers can do this for what I understand) to accomplish this.  Social media does not always reflect the reality of the service being reviewed.  Most posts are from dissatisfied customers, whilst satisfied customers  seldom bother with posting their experience.  
    I would go and check out the nüCamp recommended dealer, and see for your self what they are like.  Ask lists of questions, about how the repair is made.  
    In a nutshell, the old Infinity floor is removed between the built in furniture (galley cabinet snd between bench boxes), the Greencore is cut out, a new moisture barrier glued down, and the Azdel panel installed, then a new bit of Infinity floor is bonded down over this.  The entire floor is not replaced, nor does it need to be, the issue of the Infinity flooring separating from the Greencore is only in the middle area where it is walked on.  Once done, the floor is sealed, and is waterproof again. 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Babs said:
    My T@B needs an under-warranty floor replacement and RV World was recommended by NuCamp.  Well, Yelp disagrees.  For those who know of great repair people doing quality repairs who will guarantee their work, who would y'all recommend?  Are they certified, licensed, (bonded), and insured?  Next, any thoughts on the repair process is really appreciated.
    In addition to what @Denny16 said, before looking for another repair place, I’d confirm with nuCamp that repair elsewhere would be covered. Typically, any warranty repairs require going through a manufacturer-approved repair shop.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • BabsBabs Member Posts: 26
    Thank you both for the info.  I will check into RV World Lakeland, FL and will let you know.  Thanks again...any additional insights are always welcome!

Ok, why wouldn't a floor replacement be preferable to a repair, especially since water does quite a bit of hidden damage as it travels?  I could show you pictures...
    edited August 2022
    @Babs, what is your TaB320 build date?  If it is one of the late 2018 built units, it does not have any wood in the floor like previous pre nüCamp built units to get damaged by water.  The floor is a composite layered floor, and it mostly waterproof.  If you have the Greencore underpayment issue, it is a problem with the Infinity flooring not staying glued to the Greencore underlayment, so only the exposed areas where the floor covering is exposed needs to be fixed.  
    Replacing the entire floor, would require removing the entire trailer up off the floor and trailer frame!  
    Denny, 2018 (manufactured in 2017) 320 S.  Thank you!  The picture below is on the right-hand underside whereas the black spots on the under carriage are water problems.  So, is it better to replace the floor with marine-grade plywood or go with some other solution rather than the composites?

• The composites are best, and is the recommended nüCamp repair.  Plywood, even marine grade, if you can find some, will delaminate when it gets wet, and can not dry out.  Also, nüCamp is only going to pay for their recommended repair.  
    • Cheers