Options

Reports on Gloso Circuit Breakers Blowing

pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,701
Over on the FB pages this weekend there have been more than a half dozen tripped Gloso breakers in 400's.  New owners, 2022 trailers. 
Even worse: these owners, and several more with newer 320's, also,  seem to have never heard of Victron, or the Victron app. 
How can a dealer let an owner drive away with an expensive trailer...and not point out the crucial part of the solar setup?  

I've read about the Gloso, and the discussions about it focus on the surge of charging power from the converter, especially in the case of a depleted battery.  In a couple of the cases this weekend, the Gloso tripped even when the trailer batteries were (allegedly) fully charged.  One appeared to be a short circuit from a wet 7 pin plug.
Is there any data on what low state of charge of the big 400 AGMs that would cause a surge that would trip the Gloso?
Is it possible that there is a "bad batch" of Gloso breakers out there? 
2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    edited August 2022
    One comment would be . . . .
    'Blown" should be ' Tripped " as the Gloso is reset-able and not damaged. Right?

Second comment . . .
    Gloso is a common component between the power sources [battery or solar] and the trailer VDC distribution.  So more data on the  Tripping Conditions is needed.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,701
    Thanks, @MuttonChops , I will amend my comment to say "tripped."  Doesn't seem to be any common denominator on the "tripping" conditions.  Of course, it doesn't help that it is happening to owners new to the trailer .
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Most likely, the new owners are bumping the breaker, causing it to trip.  This come up every now and then with new owners on TB400s.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.