Options

Water Leak - Ultimate Toys

jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 135
Brand new camper...  went to fill the tank for the first time..  set nautilus for 'PowerFILL Tank' and turned on the hose.  Water began gushing out from under the tab (not from any drain pipe).  See photo.  Cracked tank?  Fitting?  Thoughts?  
Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
Volvo XC-40
SF Bay Area, California

Comments

• Options
    An added note...  When filling I had a 40psi regulator in line as well.
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    This is all new to us.  You are the test subject!  Show us the area under the beds, the plumbing system, etc.  If one of the low point drains is open, this will happen.  Open up all the compartments under the bed.  Take pictures.  Show us what to look for.
    What type of plumbing does the Toy have?  A heater?  Drains?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    No drains that I can see..  all plumbing is in the rear (under counter under clamshell) in back...  Water heater is a 3.5 gal bosch electric also in back.  Heat is propane forced air.
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    This is all new to us.  You are the test subject!  Show us the area under the beds, the plumbing system, etc.  If one of the low point drains is open, this will happen.  Open up all the compartments under the bed.  Take pictures.  Show us what to look for.
    What type of plumbing does the Toy have?  A heater?  Drains?
    Once I get repairs made I will post lots of photos for the forum to see the set up 'under the covers.'

Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    @jbajor Which model of the Nautilus does your trailer have?  The 400/320 uses Nautilus 3.0 and 2.5.  Is yours a different model?
    Anything you can show us will be useful!
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    P3.0
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    @jbajor Which model of the Nautilus does your trailer have?  The 400/320 uses Nautilus 3.0 and 2.5.  Is yours a different model?
    Anything you can show us will be useful!

Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    Somewhere in your trailer there will be "low point drains".  Either along the frame or under one of the benches.
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Could it be coming from the fresh tank drain valve?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    It’s coming from above the plastic liner on the bottom of trailer…. Drains are off and dry
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    @jbajor Do you have access to the pipes/connections behind the Nautilus? My guess is you have a loose connection somewhere…as an example, on my 2019 non-Nautilus, I’d be tightening the connections that lead to and from the inlet and the water pump, as on mine, those are hand tightened connectors.

I’d also suggest checking to make sure there’s a pressure regulator installed behind the Nautilus inlet; I believe they do that with current 320/400, no idea if they do on the UT model you have. If not, you need to use one on the drinking water hose end, either at the faucet or right before the water inlet. If the blue plastic piece I see in your Nautilus image is a pressure regulator, throw it out and get a brass one; the plastic ones are garbage and fail much more easily. Excess pressure can trigger leaks similar to what you’re seeing.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    VictoriaP said:
    @jbajor Do you have access to the pipes/connections behind the Nautilus? My guess is you have a loose connection somewhere…as an example, on my 2019 non-Nautilus, I’d be tightening the connections that lead to and from the inlet and the water pump, as on mine, those are hand tightened connectors.

I’d also suggest checking to make sure there’s a pressure regulator installed behind the Nautilus inlet; I believe they do that with current 320/400, no idea if they do on the UT model you have. If not, you need to use one on the drinking water hose end, either at the faucet or right before the water inlet. If the blue plastic piece I see in your Nautilus image is a pressure regulator, throw it out and get a brass one; the plastic ones are garbage and fail much more easily. Excess pressure can trigger leaks similar to what you’re seeing.
    Thanks Victoria!  I'll ditch the plastic regulator..  I have a brass one too. All dry behind the Nautilus...  I do now suspect a connect out of sight perhaps the drain connection to the tank.  Nucamp warranty is arranging to have it looked at at a local (hopefully) shop
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    What did you determine was the problem?
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @jbajor good question. Did you ever determine the problem? @mgreen2 good follow up.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    All fixed!  Evidently the hose fitting on the bottom of the fresh water tank had not been installed correctly
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    The fresh tank drain / outlet to the pump connection?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I am not sure...  repair shop was not specific
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California