Options

Got our T@b in 2021 but just got the right TV

Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
We bought our 2020 T@b at the beginning of 2021 so it was new but had the black tank.  We spent over a year sitting on it, adding equipment that we like to it, not going too far because we had a Kia Sorento that did not have the factory towing package and it was not pulling very well at all.  We just bought our Colorado (towing capacity 7000 instead of 2500 !) and NOW we will go wherever we want. 

Got the Walker tent (best investment EVER !) and because I (Sylvie) will often go on my own, we got the "First-timer-Girl" equipment:  BAL Leveler AND Level Pro, Furrion camera and Trailer valet.

So far, we added a microwave, Mike modified the Lagun Table, I made REAL screens for the windows, living room curtains, awnings and a shower curtain which dries in 5 min. instead of wiping the whole bathroom when showering. I even added a carpet that has a fabric top, so it does not obstruct the vents and is easy to broom/shake. 

Mike soon found out that he sometimes gets claustrophobic in the small T@b, so our last purchase are the Disc-o-beds XL that we will use in the Walker tent when the weather permits.

We are "light-duty campers", for now, meaning that we go where we need to go and also visit family during vacation and weekends, me being the 12th of 14 sibblings spread over two provinces, without having to pay hotel or sleep in somebody's house during the pandemic.  Retirement is coming soon though...

We love our T@b and get more and more experience camping, but we love you guys, and this forum where we came for information and help, countless times already, in the past year, learning all about Norcold refrigerator, Alde, mixing valve, Red Fail and fan failure as well as winterization and tongue weight.  All of that because of YOU and your past experience, so THANK YOU !

Sylvie, Mike
and Ashley, Her Majesty the Blue Russian cat who loves camping
Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
"The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Dame_plume and all, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer. As you've learned there are many good folks here with a wealth of information, great experience and a willingness to help. Let us know as your journeys progress. Visit often. And pics or it didn't happen. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    @dragonsdofly Thank you.  I will post photos under the mods subject soon.  I need to make them smaller and make sure I post in the right category because I have never used a forum before and I want to be a good girl.😀
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    @Dame_plume ; Welcome to the family.
    T@b and Colorado ;)

You will find the Colorado V6 a very comfortable towing match for the 320S.

I've got 33,000 towing miles [53,000 Km] on my Colorado + 320S
                   41 different adventures
                 240 nights in the 320S

And leave for another 2K miles, 21 nights in a couple of weeks. =)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,275
    ... I made REAL screens for the windows ...
    ... I will post photos under the mods subject soon ...
    This caught my attention. Looking forward to seeing the details.
    Welcome!

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler