Inquiry—Walker Tent v. PaHaQue Tent v. Isabella Tent

Am looking to purchase a side tent for a 2021 T@B 320 Boondocks. What are the pros and cons of the following side tents:
  • Walker
  • PaHaQue
  • Isabella
Thank you so much!

EJM

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @ejmarrufo welcome to the forum and good luck with the multitude of upcoming opinions!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 365
    edited August 2022
    Hi, We have a Walker Tent for a 320 and really like it. No regrets. We mostly use it just as an awning. But it's nice to have the side walls as an option if needed. It takes maybe 20 min to put up just the awning portion. (The first time or two will take a bit longer  ). Once you have the poles labeled for easy assembly, it goes quickly. You slide the awning in the keder rail and then the 5 or 6 top support poles. No additional ropes, etc.  Although if its going to be very windy, I do have a home made guy cords for the corners and center  I use with a tent stake.  It has held just fine in 35 mph winds with no issues.  I have no concerns about leaving it for the day if it's going to be windy.  Installing the sides is easy, as they just zip in. The side walls do have some additional tie downs, but if you are not expecting high winds, we have never had an issue skipping it. It also comes with a very large (maybe 8 x 10) nice heavy-duty floor which we really like. We use that all the time regardless if we put the tent/canopy up.  It's built really well with outdoor construction techniques for the zippers, seams, connections etc. The only con for us is it's rather bulky with all the pieces. There is one bag for the poles and one bag for the tent.  We use a car top carrier to carry it which also helps if it's wet when you leave. Something to think about when comparing, look at the dimension of the canopy portion.  I don't know about all of them, but some can be small.  Larger ones allow you to not have to stay very close to the TAB.  You always have to shift because of the sun angle, but not as much as others....good luck.
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland