Charging Station Mod

We have never used the television in our 2021 Tab 320S so I decided to remove it and use the space for a charging station for my personal electronics. Much better use of the space.

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2022
    Nice mod, I love your charging station replacement.  

I agree, for many campers, the TV is not really used.  In UK and Europe, a TV is an extra, not standard equipment.  The power and antenna connections are included, but not the TV screen.  The recent advances in personal tablets, are replacing traditional TV screens for watching movies, or getting information.  One RV maker, added an interface, so your iPad or other tablet device, is the RV’s display screen, and entertainment system, pairing/integrating the RV’s audio systems with the power provided tablet.  This makes more sense to me. 
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited August 2022
    @elbolillo You could absolutely sell these. May I volunteer to be first in line when you do? 😁

Looks original and well done! How did you attach it to the wall? And what wood did you use?
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • georgianwindsgeorgianwinds Member Posts: 41
    Love it! My next project.
    Camper - 2019 T@B 320 CS, TV - 2021 GMC Canyon Diesel
    Scott & the S.S. PorT@Bella

My Teardrop Mods  https://georgianwinds.wixsite.com/teardropmods 
  • elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 270
    edited September 2022
    VictoriaP said:
    @elbolillo You could absolutely sell these. May I volunteer to be first in line when you do? 😁

Looks original and well done! How did you attach it to the wall? And what wood did you use?
    😂 I used maple veneer plywood (made a couple mistakes and sanded through in a couple of spots) and maple trim. And I used Velcro Command Strips (4) to attach it to the wall. Didn’t move a bit on our 6hour trip to the north shore of MN.
    Brilliant!
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX