Options

Rear Moulding Removal

DanLDanL Member Posts: 18
Hello Fellow Campers.    I’m wondering if anyone has removed the rear moulding (bumper) on a T@b400……the one between the tail lights.     I am finding a lot of dirt and pine needles make their way into the gap at the top and I would like to remove the moulding to give it a good cleaning.    Thanks!
2019 Jeep Cherokee pulling a 2018 T@b 400.
Victoria, British Columbia.

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,198
    There are four or five screws underneath that also have butyl tape under them. Removing those should allow you to pivot the bumper up and gain access underneath it. I’m not sure how the top is held on. I removed the bottom screws to install a backup camera.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    As best as I can tell that rear panel is held in place with double sided tape.  Not your ordinary big box store double sided tape but something stronger.  While it may appear that dirt and tree detritus is passing that top gap I'm thinking it only collects in the 1/4 inch or so between the top of the panel and the tape.  I don't think anything is getting beyond that.  There are several drains at the bottom to allow moisture to leave.  You can use a garden hose to wash anything away from all the spaces on the sides and top and the water will drain from inside the panel.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Or you can blow the debris out with an air compressor or goos leaf blower.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.