Options

2021 Tab 320S Stuck toilet cassette access door

MikemcgMikemcg Member Posts: 4
edited September 2022 in Camping & Travel
Unlocked position both buttons push in the top unlatches the  bottom doesn't.  Anyone run across the problem? Tried to get a credit card in but can't get at it.   At some point I'll need to get the toilet out as I'm on a month long trip.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I would probably try shooting some silicone spray in both areas.  Use one of the small red tubes on the spray nozzle and work it in by pressing the buttons in and out and see if that helps to get it to release.  Might be dirt or something interfering with the operation of the door.  Get another hand, use a thin screwdriver to gently pry along the edge with buttons pushed in.  See if that helps out.  Once things improve check the door operation to ensure it doesn’t happen again.   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    MikemcgMikemcg Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Mike - tried silicone and passing a wire down to unlatch and finally was able to break the bottom latch without messing up the door. Turns out the spring in the mechanism was out of alignment.  So no bottom latch now but can access the toilet. The bottom latch seems somewhat redundant anyway. May see if I can get a parts replacement from Nucamp.