Options

'20 T@b400 bath door hinges

On a trip, and just discovered one hinge (top) has broken, and another is well on its way. No helpful numbers printed on it ('HR US PAT 7.594.300' is all, and not useful to Google). As Murphy would have it, of course we're on a trip and it's the weekend, Tab400 searches reveal little. 

Has anyone had to replace one, and if so, do you have a part number, hopefully via Amazon?

Also, I'd suggest checking that all your hinge screws are secure, as some were a bit loose. Not sure if this worked into the failure or not. 

Thanks for any info!

-Jeff
2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
Jeff --Front Range of Colorado

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    Had the same hinge break on my 2018 400 while camping in Maine. I took the hinge to Rockler’s woodworking store and they had a matching hinge (bought 4 just in case, replaced one). The new hinge is made of steel unlike the broken one which has cast parts. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    I'm off the beaten track, so no physical searching for me. Good to know they can be found!
  • Options
    jschmierjschmier Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2022

Had to replace mine.  Contact Cristina.Zapata@HardwareResources.com.  Part# is 22855. Telephone- 800.463.0660 (O) | 21713 (EXT).  I went through a distributor in Troy, MI  Herald Wholesale.  Four hinges cost less than $10, figured if one broke... Took about a week.

2018 T@B 400/solar/2022 Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I got my replacement hinges from nüCamp through my dealer.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    jschmier said:

Had to replace mine.  Contact Cristina.Zapata@HardwareResources.com.  Part# is 22855. Telephone- 800.463.0660 (O) | 21713 (EXT).  I went through a distributor in Troy, MI  Herald Wholesale.  Four hinges cost less than $10, figured if one broke... Took about a week.

Thank you for that!
  • Options
    vhollowvhollow Member Posts: 72
    Another source is Knobs4Less. The part is Hardware Resources 22855-8-000N-2. They sell for $1.79 each. Because they are cast metal, they do tend to break under the weight of the door, especially if any screw holes in the frame are stripped. Forged steel would be much better. To repair stripped frame holes, pack them full of JB Weld, and redrill smaller than the screw after it sets (or use any epoxy resin putty). Even better, if you have plastic molding on the door frame, replace it with aluminum channel (there are links on the forum about this). The rigid metal molding helps prevent the screws from stripping. Here is a link for the hinges: https://www.knobs4less.com/Hardware-Resources-Adjustable-Hinge/hr228558000n.html
  • Options
    Thanks you all for the info! Just got back from 12 days in the road, and luckily the door didn't fall off the two hinges. Got a maintenance list including the dreaded Alde 'gas failure', so have some homework to do. THANKS AGAIN!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Gas failure occurs when the gas bottle is turned off, or the remain gas in the tank drops below 25% remaining gas level.  I had this when the gas volume in the bottle dropped, even though the stove worked, the Alde would not light.  Refilled the gas bottle, and problem fixed, Alde retuned to normal operation on gas.
     Cheers 

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.