Options

Terrible & Awesome Parts Experiences: Bankston and Princess Craft

TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
This past week while camping, the front window of our T@B 400 fell off the camper while opening it, breaking both support arms in the process.  Per Austin at NuCamp Service, a likely broken hinge. A trip to Walmart to buy some Flex Seal tape, I set the window back in place, locked the levers, and taped the hinge at the top to hold the window and seal out any rain.

On Friday I called the parts department of my selling dealer, Bankston in Huntsville, AL.  Talked to a lady on the parts desk about what I needed.  She asked that I text some photos, and would call me back after getting the photos.  No call back.  On Monday morning I called again.  After a few minutes, the person located the images I texted last Friday, then said she would need to talk to the parts manager and call me back.  No call back.  On Tuesday I attempted a 3rd call, went through the whole explainer again.  No call back.  (This has been my experience with Bankston in the past.)

On our camping trip someone suggested I contact Princess Craft in Texas.  I called Wednesday, Rebecca on the parts desk answered my call, collected my info, I texted images, and she said she would be in touch after talking with NuCamp.  In the afternoon, Rebecca texted me she submitted the info to NuCamp.  By the next day at lunch time Rebecca had the shipping quote and order ready, the order was placed and I paid over the phone!  I can highly recommend Princess Craft for any parts you need to order (and avoid Bankston if you can).

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Every time I've walked onto Bankston's lot (we live local), just to see the latest in T@Bs, or to measure something, or just looky looing on a Saturday afternoon, I always get a smarmy, sleezy feeling from those there. Also before Pleasant Valley started building T@Bs, and I had my Dutchmen T@B, I was told by Bankston that they would never deal in that "little stuff". Don't like them at all.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited September 2022
    There is a dealer in NC that I can't even get a call back from to get a quote on a new camper. I have sent text messages (their system, not mine) they don't call back either. When I finally spoke to one of their salesmen, he said he would send me some links via email. Still waiting for that email to arrive... That was months ago, so if they aren't interested in selling a camper, I would hate to try and buy parts from them.

BTW, it is Bumgarner in Lenoir, NC that I am referring to. I don't have any issues with our 400 BDL, but it appears obvious to me since they are not interested in selling a $75K camper (non NuCamp) my chances for parts are even less likely.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    I bought my T@b from Princess Craft. They are the best!  :)
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent