Options

2022 T@B 400 floor

Anyone have any issues with lumps in the floor?

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    We have a couple of small bubbles under the vinyl flooring by the dinette. They get a bit larger in the heat then shrink. To me it appeared that the adhesive under the vinyl did I not get applied well enough. I contacted NuCamp warranty with photos and they agreed. However I will just fix it myself with a hypodermic needle some adhesive and a roller.   For such a small issue I don’t want them tearing up my floor which is what they said they would have to do.  Not sure if that’s the same type of lumps you’re talking about?
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    Same issue here (I wrote up an thread on the needle and glue fix):

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14097/fix-delaminating-floor-covering#latest

I also have some lumps near the entrance that could be excess glue or something. Impossible to notice unless you shine a flashlight parallel to the floor. Not worth fixing. I never feel them under my feet. 

So far the needle and glue fix has worked and I had a fairly big area that was delaminating. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    jag0130jag0130 Member Posts: 10
    I appreciate the detailed responses. Not sure if my problem is the same. Mine is a 2022, looks like your link might be referring to a 2021, which is a different floor.  You can’t see the lumps, but you can feel them without shoes and with your hand.  NuCamp said the lumps are from excess glue and within their quality standards, which I find difficult to accept. Therefore, they won’t cover the floor under warranty. It’s the same floor in most new airstreams and I can’t imagine airstream telling a customer that lumps in their floor is ok. Fortunately, my dealership, Millers Trailer’s has been excellent to deal with and I’m working with them to resolve it. 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Yeah that sounds different than what I and @manyman297 described.  Mine are definitely air pockets that are visible and the floor under them is solid.  I find it hard to believe that NuCamp would offer to fix my trailer for having areas that are missing adhesive and causing bubbles but they would not help you for areas that have excess adhesive and are causing lumps.  Hopefully your dealer can work with you and NuCamp and get it resolved.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options

From my dealer: 

This was the final response I got from Austin about it:

I touched base with Marvin and was told that once the glue dries there is little that can be done to remedy this I am sorry to say. It is with in spec of the manufacturing standards for it to pass post inspection so it is not an issue to be worried about with something this minor. 

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited September 2022
    Also, any composite floor is going to have a softer feel than a hard surface like a plywood sub floor.  The composite material has a wee bit of give to it, depending on the weight applied.  The important thing is, the floor will not get worse, slight limp might decrease as the glue fries and shrinks over time.  Nor will the floor ever rot from moisture or water damage, and should last the lifetime of the trailer.  The Transcor floor was designed for commercial vehicles (delivery vans, truck trailer floors) so it is very tough, from reviews I have read about it.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    That’s all good to hear…thanks Denny16.