Options

winterization test and questions

Hello! I have a 2022 tab400 and just went through my first test run of the winterization process. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can help with.

When I open the drains, should I turn on the water pump?

During the draining and blow out process should I work it until there is absolutely no water coming out? I went through it but it seems like there is always a little spitting/dribbling. 

Thanks for your help!
2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    Turning on the water pump will help remove water from the lines before you do the blow out.  Some remaining dribbling is okay.  The remaining little water in the lines will have sufficient room to expand when frozen and won't damage anything.  Just be sure to blow out each line individually, including the outdoor shower, toilet, and the drain valves.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @jgpell14 - the water pump draws water from the tank.  Best to drain the water tank via the provided drain.  You empty the plumbing lines via the low point drains.  You empty the Alde water tank by opening the yellow flapper valve (and open a faucet to allow air into the tank and assist drainage).  You can empty the filter cup on the pump and empty the hoses on either side of the pump as well.  Blowing out to dry is near impossible.  We blow out until there is only a mist - no trickles of water.  Are you going to use antifreeze in the lines?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
    Yes - antifreeze is the next part of my test. Thanks for your feedback.
    2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI