Options

Two intake pipes on my Norcold fridge??

I’ve had to pull out my Norcold 3163 3-way fridge on a 2012 T@B320 to fix a propane leak. However my fridge has 3 hoses. It looks like 1 is exhaust (dirtiesh silver) (comes from an insulated box) and two are intake (black). The two silver ones go to bottom and top holes on a double port to the outside. However, there is an additional port next to these with its own cover. Trouble is this has a double hole too and the top part is purposely blocked off (rigid plastic doesn’t look like hole was ever open). The 3rd pipe goes to this port. Trouble is I don’t know if it went to the hole or the blocked off part as once I pulled the fridge out the hose came out. My manual does not show a 3rd hose and I don’t know if I’m supposed to have an extra intake or if it is supposed to be blocked off. The manual only talks about 1 exhaust and 1 intake hose. Has anyone seen this arrangement of 3 hoses before?
Thanks
Roger

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Here's a couple photos from two different 2015 T@Bs with the Norcold 3163. Both seem to show what you described with regard to the number and placement of hoses.
    I believe these models have high-altitude kits installed, and the second external port is related to that kit.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited September 2022
    @Rsplodge @ScottG is correct. The extra hose indicates your fridge has a high alritude kit installed. When we took delivery of our t@b in May of 2016, I immefiately noticed the two round ports on the front. I had only seen t@bs with one before that. I inquired at nüCamp (then Pleasant Valley) and was told because we bought a Sofitel model, the high altitude kit came with the package. I've never opened up anything under the countertop, so I don't have pictures to assist with your reassembly, so good luck with this.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RsplodgeRsplodge Member Posts: 2
    Oh that’s great to know. Thanks so much for that. So presumably it needs more fresh air for intake and/or one that isn’t right next to hot exhaust. While waiting for an answer, I routed it to the open hole at the 2nd port as this just made the most sense.
    btw, not sure about your fridge installs but on mine they cut the hoses too short making it incredibly difficult to reassemble plus there’s a risk the hoses will work loose; they barely reach over to the main vent/intake ports.

• Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110
    edited October 2022
    How difficult was it to remove the fridge? I have to clean my gas orifice and replace the burner. I'm dreading having to pull it, disconnect gas, ventilate everything, shut off shore power. Turn off the battery and make sure I don't blow anything up.
    "I know one thing, I know nothing."