400 Bathroom Door Reversal

@Denny16 - I recall reading about you reversing the swing of your bathroom door.  After my first year with my 400, it seems to me like an excellent idea.
Have you found any disadvantages in using it?  And did you just turn the door upside down and attach the hinges on the other side?  It appears to be an easy change to make.
Thanks.

2021 T@b 400 Boondock
       Oneonta, NY

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited September 2022
    Yes, yes I did.  That said, when you flip the door around, the former top becomes the bottom, so if you use the mirror on the inside of the door, you need to pull the mirror off and remount it on what is now the top of the door.  The mirror has some sticky putty on the corners which need prying apart carefully when removing it.  

Remove the hinge from the door edge, then peal off the plastic trim carefully and switch the trim to the other side.  The holes in the trim will give you the location tomdeill new screw mounting holes.  Rescrew the door hinges on the new location.  Now the door opens left to right from the front.  The only gotcha, is the door can hit the galley counter, so adjust the limit strap to stop the door just short of the door touching the counter edge.  I also reversed the door knob, so the lever is inside to make getting the door open with wet hands easier.

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    Thanks.  I hadn't yet considered the option of exchanging the left/right door trims so as not to have to drill new holes in the trim.
    2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY