Options

Possible to replace the ceiling LED light?

Love our T@B 400, but the front ceiling LED light, the one by the fan, annoys me.  Mainly, by having a BRIGHT blue LED as a "nightlight."  Leave aside blue light like that is terrible when it comes to trying to sleep, it's also blinding when it gets turned on when the wife or I need to move about late at night.

Is it possible to buy a replacement light, which would still provide the white LEDs for normal use, but replaces the blue LEDs with red, and preferably very, very low lumen red?
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Replacing lights is usually possible. Another solution that many of us have used is to buy theater/photo color correcting lighting “gels” in tungsten color, referred to as CTO gels (check Amazon or any of the major photo supply houses online). Cut a bit of gel with scissors to fit under or over the cover of the LED, depending on how the light is constructed. Typically a super easy fix.

CTO gels come in 1/4, 1/2, and full strength; which you choose depends on how warm you want your lighting to appear. They can also be layered with themselves or neutral density (ND) gel filters to lower the amount of light coming through. I used full CTO on the lights in my 2019, changing an entire trailer’s worth of bright white LED fixtures for $11 and about 15 minutes of labor.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 208

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    edited September 2022
    Replaced the two in my 320S with these. Same size replacement, dimmable, and no annoying glow at night. When they're off they're off and they remember the intensity you set them at.  https://amzn.to/3LzUdxq
    If you want them red just use a sheet of red gel paper over the lens.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 611
    I went with the theater gel (film) route and am extremely happy with the results.  Applied a thin strip on all the strip LEDs, as well as the upper center light, and it provides a much warmer light than the stock LEDs.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA