Options

Size doesnt matter!

No insecurity here! :)
2021 Tab 320s Boondock-2016 Toyota Venza V6
Toronto, Canada

Comments

• Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 130
    I have talked with a few of those big riggers, and some of them tend not to tow more than 200 miles because it's too expensive.  I will take my tiny house on wheels any day.  Two years, 9800 miles, including a five-week adventure thru New England last fall.  To each his own, but I like mine!.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I have driven buses snd up to 5.5 ton commercial truck/vans.  No way I want to tow a big trailer again (done that too).  I will take our TaB400 any day over towing a 22-30 foot RV trailer, too big and the bigger the rig, the more gas $ you consume.  Less is better in today’s economy and global situation.  
    When we went looking for an RV, we set limits of 20-feet or less, and no wider than 7.5-feet, with a total weight less than 4,000 lbs.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Our reason to have an RV is to travel, explore the country and visit friends and relatives.  To see and learn something new every day.  And to sleep in our own bed and eat our own food all the while.  We have learned the smaller the rig, the more we travel and the more convenient that travel is.

We have our annual trek from Minnesota to Arizona in a couple of weeks.  We will take the long way to get there (sometimes that has included the east coast).  We look forward to putting our Tab 320 back on the road.

Douglas
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 114
    We have about 20k on our 320. I do believe those who haul the monster trailers around appreciate what we can do when hauling and parking our t@bs. We go up the hills with less effort, pass the big rigs often, park in better spots with less effort and at the end of the day we are not so fatigued from dragging a heavy, cumbersome trailer. We also have less issues with wind or with big trucks on the freeway. Overall, the camping experience is very good due to less stress. It is always nice to shut the door at night and savor the cozy space. My only caveat is we are both under 5'9" in height, so we can stand up straight. :)
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    It would scare the hell out if me to look in the rear view mirror and see a huge fifth wheel chasing me down the road!  I just got back from a trip and was amazed--as I loafed down the road at 60 mph--to see all the really big rigs zoom by me at 75-80 (or faster) mph.  I can only suppose that they are as scared as I would be and are trying to outrun that monster chasing them.