Options

valves.....leave open or closed?

New tab 320 cs-s.  I went camping for the first time last weekend.  Love my camper!  That being said, I want to take care of it in between camping sessions.  I drained the fresh water and left valve open for air.  Same for Alde hot water yellow valve. Drained grey water and closed. Low point valves I drained and closed. Feeback on whether to leave the above open or closed between camping sessions please!

Comments

• Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    We typically leave the drains and faucets open. The grey tank is closed off after it's drained. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    edited September 2022
    We drain thoroughly, then close.  I think I would forget that they were open and then hook up to city water!  I think the reason for leaving the drain open is just in case water has not completely drained - probably more important where it freezes.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Dana, we leave the low point drains and alde yellow flapper valve open between camping sessions and over the winter. More air circulation and less chance for nastiness to develop. However, I  must add that I would temper your choices regarding those choices with knowledge of your local area. We hail from southeast Michigan and can see Canada across the water from our house. That means we do not tend to get mud or paper wasps. We are not prone to get thirsty critters looking for a few drops of moisture crawling into those tiny drain points as in U.S. southern border/desert areas. Always take your knowledge of your home into consideration. You know more and are wiser about your circumstances than you think. Good luck, relax and enjoy. -Denise 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.