Options

Owners Manual 2022 Tab 320s BD ?

kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
edited September 2022 in Trailer & Towing
So far our Nucamp systems have been working well.  We are preparing for a long trip in the next couple of weeks.  I wanted to take a look at the Owners Manual, to verify the purpose of the two water drains underneath and behind the driver's side tire, and also the sanitizing procedure for the fresh water tank.  

But there is no Owners Manual in the black packet of brochures, etc.  Should there be?  Online?

Also, what are those two drains described above, I used them earlier this summer but have forgot?  I thought they were tagged, but not anymore.

Douglas
Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
Minnesota and Arizona

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @kottom - yes, the Owners Manual is available online on the nuCamp website, but we keep files here on the forum.  Look under Categories, Owners Manuals.

Those drains are the low point drains.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/177032#Comment_177032

Check out the Category area.  Lots of info:  This is for sanitizing:  
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8904/dewinterizing-and-sanitizing#latest

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks for the great reply, very helpful !
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited September 2022
    Doug, our owner’s manual was on a USB drive, it is also on nüCamp’s website I believe, as well as here per Sharon’s comment.  The two drains under the trailer are the low point drains to drain out the water lines and Alde hot water tanks (seems this only partially drains the tanks, the yellow pressure relief valves in the Alde compartment will finish the job).  Hope you found the rest of your question answers. Have a grand trip and stay safe.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks Denny, I drained the lines and fresh water tank.  The "old" water in the tank was fresh tasting and crystal clear, so I flushed in with a few gallons, drained and refilled it.  No bleach, I would rather not add it to a clean, new tank.  I am very fussy about the water I put in the tank, a good source and I filter it going in.

I think the foul, sulphur odor some have mentioned is from the hot water heater in the camper, degradation of the sacrificial anode and/or electric heating element over a few months sitting in the water.  I've seen it in the past, nasty.

Douglas
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited September 2022
    Yes, better to keep the tanks drained and clean.  I only do a bleach clean in the spring, after the TaB has sat for the winter.  The TaB400 freshwater tank does not completely drain out, about a gallon or two remains across the bottom of the tank.  I also like clean, fresh water, and fill our water tank with our own treated, and filtered well water.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.