Options

Have been planning to buy a 320s

Hello to all forum members, I'm from Maine and there is only one T@B dealer in the state. I've been discussing buying a 320s with one of the sales people over the course of this month, asking a lot of questions and getting several quotes. I'm told that if I buy, I'd get a 2023 model. Two weeks ago I received a quote for a 2023 model listing MSRP, freight cost and a surcharge imposed by nüCamp of $329. I believe this has been the standard 2022 surcharge and was added to that quote. The sales person and I have been discussing further issues and he sent a revised quote yesterday. This time the MSRP included a surcharge of $1,400. I've tried to contest the sudden jump which occurred over the course of two weeks but am told that nüCamp will likely hold to this amount well into 2023 and is applying it now. Has anyone else run into the same situation?

I have to say, I've been impressed with the quality and depth of knowledge I've read on this forum as I've lurked for about a month and want to say thanks to all who contribute. It's one of the best forums of any I've participated in.

Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    The second quote may well be the current surcharge.  I would get a quote from another dealer or two.  They may not negotiate much as it is still early in the model year that started in July, however, I suspect the demand is less, so there may be room.  Let them know you are looking at other offers.  Check out of state, as well.  Frequently worth the drive.  Maybe the surcharge is related to distance from the factory?  Keep in mind that having a relationship with a dealer nearby is invaluable.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    OkpeteOkpete Member Posts: 15
    just purchased 2022 320 built June ,no surchage
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    The person we bought my used 2021 320sbd from bought it from a dealer in a different state over 500 miles further than our local Oh dealer. The one in Oh wanted over $8,000 more for the same Trailer and options. That a lot of $,s. We looked at the Tab dealer in Columbus, and the sellers original receipt, It was about 8,000. It pays to shop, esp with the internet now. I don't understand the sure charge.  Shouldn't msrp. include transportaion.
  • Options
    CliffyCliffy Member Posts: 1
    From Maine also.  You may want to check out Dan Kearney Rv in Rutland, Vt.  It would be worth the trip.  They have the best prices on new t@bs.  Pete’s Rv opening in Saco, Maine next summer.  They are a Nucamp dealer.
  • Options
    ImNotThereYetImNotThereYet Member Posts: 34
    We are enjoying ours. A little small for a guy who is 6 foot, but fine for my wife is who 5.6. If you are under 5.8 you are good to go or plan on bending down a lot, but I’m used to that being a little on the tall side. So far we are really liking it. Been out 5 times now and don’t see us slowing down. It’s a perfect size when you have a small car and great way to start getting out there! Best of luck in your purchase!
    2023 TAB 320 Boondock towing with a 2006 Highlander-www.donjohnsmusic.com
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 352
    This answer will be a bit different. We mostly camp for 2 to 4 days at a time. It makes a nice escape from the working world. We have a 320CS. The inside is mostly bed. The table moves outside near the galley.  So, outside is a 5.5ft galley plus a dinette table. Inside is a master bedroom: bed, dresser, and full lavatory with heat and air conditioning.

I'm 6ft even. Can I stand inside? No, but with the bed made, you can only stand in front of the dresser. I'm only there in passing from inside to outside. The ceiling height is not an issue.

You are looking at the non-CS. Your 3.7ft galley is inside and you have no dresser. You will be standing inside a lot. The ceiling height may make a difference.

To get the same size galley and storage we have in the 'CS, you would need a 24ft travel trailer. The other side of the coin, cooking and eating is in full public view. Camping, it doesn't matter. We are discussing moving to a 400 when we retire and begin traveling. These are great trailers. Make sure you get a model that fits you style of use.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 135
    Check out the Ultimate Toys Camper.  The best of both worlds and built by nucamp!
    https://www.ultimatetoys.com/towables/ultimate-camper/
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    Just pick any dealer’s that are worth the drive for you and send them emails with the quote you have and see who can meet/beat it. You eventually end up with the best deal and it’s literally zero sweat on your end (unless you count typing).

We saved a good 4k off of what our local dealer was asking and only had to drive 3 hours to get it. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Lots of good advice here! Another consideration is access to the dealer for any repairs or service needs. When I was looking for my 2017 320S I would have saved a chunk of money to fly across country and drive a gently used Tab home. However dig into an underlying issue that many don’t think about, and that’s the dealer/buyer relationship. I read, and still do on other brand groups, that any customer of the dealer gets service priority over a non-customer. One of the wonderful things about a NuCamp product is that most units don’t need extensive repairs for a very long time. I chose to buy local and have a good relationship with my dealer. It’s one more decision you get to make in your search. Best of luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Phil0110Phil0110 Member Posts: 10
    It sounds like a big luck, it's good that price is still stable.