Options

Fuse Inventory

13»

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Thanks for the link! It's probably the only fuse I don't have an extra hanging around.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2016
    There's one on eBay (only a little cheaper when you add shipping) here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Norcold-61654622-3-Amp-Fuse-RV-Parts-/251667578044

Or here: http://www.tvformyrv.com/39-2234-norcold-fuse-3-amp-32v-or-less-61654622 (much more reasonable, except when you add shipping)

But what the heck? Why is it so expensive? It doesn't look special to me. Before paying that much,  I'd see if I could contact a friendly tech at Norcold and ask if any old 3A fuse would do.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Does someone have one of the "official" fuses, and can you post the markings on it?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I do believe you can probably find a 3 amp fuse at just about any auto parts store. Just need to make sure on the length. That's where I went to get my spares for both my truck, and our WolfT@B.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    I do believe you can probably find a 3 amp fuse at just about any auto parts store. Just need to make sure on the length. That's where I went to get my spares for both my truck, and our WolfT@B.
    There are variations, e.g. fast blow/slow blow.
  • Options
    Yup! And I knew that. They have the various ones there, I checked. ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ahhhh, you'd be the one to ask,  Photomom.

Just out of curiosity...

What's the difference between a fuse marked  3A/120v vs one marked 3A/24v? (Just as an example)

As far as I've ever known, amps is amps when it comes to fuses... No?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    I looked at the circuit diagram for my 3 way fridge and it appears that there are 3 fuses. The aforementioned 3amp fuse is part of the 120VAC heating circuit. There is also a 20amp in the 12VDC heating circuit, and a 1amp fuse that is part of the propane heating circuit. Alas there are no specs for any of them. 

It it doesn't appear that the fuses are intended to be user serviceable parts. Has anyone here actually replaced one and had the fridge work after?
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    Ahhhh, you'd be the one to ask,  Photomom.

Just out of curiosity...

What's the difference between a fuse marked  3A/120v vs one marked 3A/24v? (Just as an example)

As far as I've ever known, amps is amps when it comes to fuses... No?
    Here is a great resource for understanding fuses. Yes, you can substitute a 120v fuse in place of a 24v fuse, as long as all the other ratings are identical. But not the other way around. 

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/bussmann/consumer/products/home_circuit_protectionproductsandaccessories/fuses/Glass_Ceramic.html
  • Options
    Photomom, I haven't replaced them, but they are simple to remove, with a normal pop-in holder. You have to remove the stove top to access them.

There are fuses/breakers in the breaker box protecting the same things in the 3-way, so these are redundant, so to speak. Hopefully the ones in the breaker box blow first.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Re: the Cooper info on fuses, I'd love to know the specific differences in the actual physical properties. Maybe I'll have to go back to school. B-/
    Photomom said:
    Here is a great resource for understanding fuses. Yes, you can substitute a 120v fuse in place of a 24v fuse, as long as all the other ratings are identical. But not the other way around. 

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/bussmann/consumer/products/home_circuit_protectionproductsandaccessories/fuses/Glass_Ceramic.html

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Without knowing anything other than what is shown in the circuit diagram, I am guessing that there would need to be a serious fault in the Fridge's A/C heater, DC heater, or propane lighter for the respective fuse to blow, and a replacement fuse would likely blow too. Therefore I'm not going to worry about getting these fuses. Coolers and ice are easy to come by. 
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    Re: the Cooper info on fuses, I'd love to know the specific differences in the actual physical properties. Maybe I'll have to go back to school. B-/

Ah, you'd have to ask an actual electrical engineer for that. :-)
  • Options
    Now, what I can't wrap my head around is how the fridge cools stuff with heat. 
  • Options
    Followup:

I contacted tvformyrv.com who listed the fuse at @$2 plus shipping. I was asking if they could ship via USPS First Class postage, to save on shipping. This was his reply:
    ...stop in at any auto parts store and get a 3 amp fuse.  It will work fine... No need to get a "Norcold" fuse, and no need to spend extra money shipping that particular fuse.
    I thought that was pretty nice of him.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2016
    Doggone it!  I probably have some 3 amp fuses left over from my telephone system installation days!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I tried to tell you! :o I usually get the packs that have a variety of all fuses large and small. Just handy to have them just in case.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ericnliz said:
    I tried to tell you! :o I usually get the packs that have a variety of all fuses large and small. Just handy to have them just in case.
    I've had since April 13th when I first read about it. When I got it, I expected a gold one is a gold box. Bubble pack wrapped with a rubber band around it and not the pink anti-static bubble pack we had to use at the phone company. I won't get duped like that again!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”