Options

Fuse Inventory

Comments

• Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    PXLated said:
    Sgtjohn - Hmmmm, just checked my USB ports and they're not working now either. Used to. Everything else is working including the cigar plug next to them in the same outlet. Weird.
    Took a look at mine and the port itself is bad.  I checked the power and it has power but something is wrong inside the port itself.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Since we both have that problem I wonder if LG got some defects.
  • Options
    I checked mine with a meter and there is no continuity between the poles/connections so mine is shot.
  • Options
    Sgtjohn - So you're saying you have juice to the poles on the backside of the outlet but nothing coming out the ports? I'll have to dig in and check mine (now where did I pack my voltmeter?)
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Just a note concerning the fuses in the t@b... Poking around seat with the propane C02 detector I discovered an inline fuse on that line... Did not open to inspect type ...t@b in use at present...don't need any surprises...! 
    That is an inline fuse...correct ?
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Sgtjohn - So you're saying you have juice to the poles on the backside of the outlet but nothing coming out the ports? I'll have to dig in and check mine (now where did I pack my voltmeter?)
    Yes, you are correct.  I took mine completely out and use the ohm meter on both terminals and there is no continuity.  It should have continuity-that is, a complete circuit within the USB port but alas none was found.
  • Options
    Same with mine - Betting Little Guy got a bum shipment.
  • Options
    I've emailed Ed at LG and he said to take the T@B to my dealer (which is around 180 miles away) or call.  I've tried calling buy they are moving so I'll wait until they finish I guess.  I checked EBay and you can buy a new one for around $8.00.  I'd really like to put a new port in mine=perhaps on the back area somewhere since I have two laptops and an IPhone.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You might want to check if this is true, but I have heard that Camping Worlds can do LG warranty work, too. I am not sure where I heard this, so definitely find out. Maybe call Scott from LG.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    In reading this discussion I have a question or thought. There is 12volts going to the lighter AND usb terminals. However usb is 5volts. I would think there is some electronics between the two connections. Therefore no continuity. You still have a bad port though
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    I was at a local electrical shop and was able to pick up almost all the fuses on the list. However when it came to the 3-way fridge ones, the guy said they had what was listed but needed to know if the 3AG ones were quick acting or slow blow and if ceramic or glass. He assumes glass but said they do have all of them. So this is for the AC Circuit - 3 Amp Type 3AG, DC Circuit - 20 Amp Type 3AG and Gas Circuit - 1 Amp Type 3AG. Thanks for someone clarifying. Michele
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Ed Kauffman could tell you if you call the factory.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Patti said:
    Is the list posted here for fuses and such still accurate for the 2015 models?
    With a quick look, I would say yes, but it wouldn't hurt to open your convertor and check. Unless the Alde model or A/C model has changed, everything else should be the same.

FWIW, I have never had a blown fuse. When I read the forums and FB I thought it might be a habitual problem, but, so far, so good! I do travel with spares, just in case, however.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ToritudeToritude Member Posts: 1
    I am a newbie. I don't know where all these fuses are located. I have been reading a lot of the forum and I appreciate all the information that I have found.
  • Options
    Toritide - Most of the fuses are in the converter box - It's a brown plastic box located on the front of the driver's side bench seat. If you press the front face of that box, it will pop open and the breakers and fuses will be inside. It's like a junction box in a house.
  • Options
    jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 79
    How does one figure out what each fuse is for?
    We are trying dry camping and want to totally turn off some things like the refrigerator (it's 2 way)
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/
  • Options
    jschemel - There's stickers inside that tell you - Again, kinda like a home breaker/fuse panel.
  • Options
    The students got left out of our box. We asked the company but got an incomplete answer. Will continue to explore. 
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you for the useful information. We will be working on how to dry camp for longer by pulling some fuses. We just got back from a 3 week trip and we learned alot about our little home away from home. We had all types of experiences (will comment in other threads).
    (9/22/19/
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    Great information, Thanks!
  • Options
    BjreimannBjreimann Member Posts: 12
    I realize the initial posts were awhile ago, but we just purchased a 2017 T@B S and have used it 3 nights - after the 1st night, the USB ports back by the bedroom no longer work.  Sgtjohn & PXLated, what did you end up doing to resolve your issue?  Thanks!
  • Options
    I got mine replaced under warranty - Installed it myself.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Hidden fuses - one at the back of the Jensen unit and another behind the television (in-line).  Did someone mention a fuse under the propane stove?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    There was a bad batch of 110V-USB outlets. Call Elise at PV. They can send you another or you can work with your dealer to replace them for you.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Mine didn't work either![USB ports], replaced @ no charge under warranty!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    GrandmasKidGrandmasKid Member Posts: 160
    So, I was doing OK collecting my backup fuses until I got to the Norcold fuses. I found the 3A at Amazon but they want $20 for one. The Norcold site is down. I guess it wouldn't be catastrophic to be without the frig. Does anyone know of a good source for these? I've searched the web but that's making me feel like a lost golf ball in the tall grass.
    2021 400 Boondock/ 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    So, I was doing OK collecting my backup fuses until I got to the Norcold fuses. I found the 3A at Amazon but they want $20 for one. The Norcold site is down. I guess it wouldn't be catastrophic to be without the frig. Does anyone know of a good source for these? I've searched the web but that's making me feel like a lost golf ball in the tall grass.
    That is the only place I found it. I keep it wrapped in tightly and where it won't get damaged. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Do you have a link to that fuse? I should probably have one.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”