Options

Propane

Let me preface this convo by saying this forum has been invaluable to me as a beginner rv'er.  All my questions have been answered and it has been my saving grace.

However.....this new issue has me baffled.  I have gotten the "propane failure" message on the Alde screen twice.  Battery is fully charged.  Propane tank was 3/4 full.  The CO2 alarm went off very briefly one day (before the message was ever received) when I was sitting in the camper looking at the fuse box, getting the lay of the land (or camper as it were).  Scared the crap out me.  Then it stopped.  Next day.....propane failure message.

I topped off the propane just for good measure.  Started the stove, all good there.  Thing is....I just bought it a month ago (don't even have the title yet) , gently used 2021 Tab 320 cs-s and it went through a thorough inspection.  This dealer takes safety very seriously. Turned gas off at tank, turned off the gas button on the Alde screen, turned Alde off.  We'll see if I get the message again.  

Any thoughts on this? 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,547
    From page 23 in the Alde manual:  To reset some of the faults and reboot, close the furnace from the control panel and disconnect the 120V to the vehicle and disconnect 12V from the furnace.

So, turn off the Alde at the control panel, disconnect shorepower and then turn the battery switch off.  Reconnect and see if the message goes away. 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 627
    Also, always open the propane valve slowly.  Sometimes a rapid opening can cause the tank safety shutoff valve to close.  This can be a cause for the Propane Failure message, but you would not have gas to the stove either.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 462
    The two may not be related. Our 2021 320S was received in June of 2020 and the Propane/CO monitor started randomly going off early this summer. After testing I decided the monitor needed replacing. The "manual" claims limited life for the detector. 2 years was short but it's unknown how long it sat at NuCamp. These are easily available though they cost about $80. 
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network