Options

How is the door window secured?

Does anyone know how square part of the round door window is secured to the door on a 2022 T@B 320S?

If you look at the picture, the window part seems to have shifted down a bit over the summer and while I do see double sided tape holding the bottom part, it seems to be held by something else at the top and I'm afraid of pulling too hard on it. Any thoughts?

2022 T@B 320S Boondock
2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Instagram: new.t@bventure

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,277
    Here are some shots of the shade removed. The shade portion is double sided taped on both sides, but there's a spot at the top center where it's fastened differently. Epoxy? Looks like I just pulled it off, but I had no intentions of using the cover. Hope someone else can help you more.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
    I contacted Nucamp support and they told me that it's only being held by double sided tape. I'm not buying it. There's definitely something much tighter holding it at the top like @AnOldUR mentioned. I'll have to figure out how to pry it off without damaging it since they also told me I was responsible for the damage (i.e. no warranty) if I wasn't willing to bring it to my dealer. 

My dealer is 2 hours away so I think I'll take the risk. 
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 293
    You need to remove the outer piece which is held in by the adhesive. Behind that you will find two screws that hold that attach it to the door.
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,277
    You can just see the two screw holes mentioned by @elbolillo at the top of my first picture. They are what hold the shade to the door panel, but the small porthole face panel that's attached to the shade looks to have something other than just the tape.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler