T@b 320s Blocked Heating

Just returned from camping in Colorado with night low temps in the mid 20's.  Sleeping was very cold since there was NO heat coming out of the main heat along the back of the bed under the cabinets. 

Now at home and found the problem.  There is a piece of foam board insulation about 12" tall that runs across the back of the trailer under the storage area which is only held in place with air conditioning tape. The tape came loose along the top of the insulation board and let the insulation board fall and completely block the air flow above the rear radiator.   This insulation board which is only taped in place and appears to act only as a baffle to direct hot air rising from the radiator to the vent slot behind the bed and away from the bottom of the storage compartments.

Air conditioning tape should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be relied on to hold insulation boards in place.  Air conditioning tape is great for sealing but not mechanically holding things permanently in place!  This is a very minor detail that should never have happened but caused a very unpleasant trip. 

This is the second place I found on my trailer where insulation boards were only taped in place by the factory that came loose and caused a failure of the system to work -  this instance and on the 3 way refrigerator upper vent area.

Hopefully I can secure the insulation board with a couple of metal angles, one on each end where I can hopefully reach to secure with wood screws to the underside of the storage structure.  Otherwise, the rear storage area would need to be removed!!!

2019 T@B 320S

Comments