Alde 3010 fan failure

MiloMilo Member Posts: 1
Hello Tab owners, I purchased a 2018 320 CSS used. I’ve been having trouble with the aldie system fan failure from the very beginning. I reached out to the service department at nucamp and they recommended resetting the unit by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it which worked for a while. On the last trip out I could not get the unit to function correctly and had to return early. After researching a bit( u tube)  I decided that replacing the fan and connected Circuit board would be the best resolution for this issue. Plug and play, 
I purchased a replacement unit ome from the UK which was around $245 US Plus shipping which was $24 I received the unit in five days. Upon removal of the existing fan I realized that it had been replaced with a non-OME (pictured)part by the prior owner which was probably a good bit of the problem. There are also some fuses one which had been burned out under the lid cover which I also replaced link included.
 I’ve included and photos to help guide you through this issue.
I replaced the fan and circuitboard today including the fuse. I fired up the system and it works perfectly heating the cabin comfortably as well as the hot water.
Hope this helps you to resolve issues and get you back out on the road cheers Milo

Comments

• Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 508
    Glad you got it fixed but the fan you removed is made by ebmpapst just like the replacement. Alde just didn't put a sticker on it as it was not a spare part needing identification. 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,680
    @Milo - thanks for sharing.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,870
    Nice work!  This thread will go right along with this earlier thread of the just a simple removal.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Wow - I did not know the Alde 3010 had a fan inside. Now I'm concerned because I've never heard it running. Is it quiet enough to go unnoticed? What is its function? Or more importantly how would I know it has failed?

I believe when trying to go to sleep I hear the Alde 'kick on', soon to be followed by a faint gurgling sound, which I assume is the transfer fluid making its way through the system. It lasts for a few minutes and then goes silent. Is this normal?

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • monamona Member Posts: 244
    @JP2558 You won’t hear a fan on shore power. The fan only runs on the propane option. 

Jeannie 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,538
    edited October 2022
    JP2558 said:
    Wow - I did not know the Alde 3010 had a fan inside. Now I'm concerned because I've never heard it running. Is it quiet enough to go unnoticed? What is its function? Or more importantly how would I know it has failed?

I believe when trying to go to sleep I hear the Alde 'kick on', soon to be followed by a faint gurgling sound, which I assume is the transfer fluid making its way through the system. It lasts for a few minutes and then goes silent. Is this normal?
    The circulator pump will make a slight whirring sound when it kicks on, and this may be accompanied with a little gurgling in the expansion tan or convectors. If I have the heat on but turned down quite low, I notice the circulator will kick on frequently but only run for a short time each cycle. It seems to work well, though. The few times I have run the heat overnight I have had shore power and did not use propane.
    The propane burner fan makes a similar sound, perhaps just a bit louder than the circulator. However, as mona mentioned, it will only run if you are using propane as your heat source.
    2015 T@B S

• JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for the input folks.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    Why order the fan from UK when Truma sells them from Indiana ?  I just received mine and will fix my own Alde tomorrow.
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"