Options

GoalZero lantern failing (I use this in my T@B)

So, we do our camping in our beloved 2016 T@B max s.  This is a question about a side item that we use inside to help maintain our camper battery levels.  So:

My NetZero Lighthouse 250 lantern has always worked well. I know that when charging, the lights blink and indicate charging and state of charge.  The lantern still provides light in either mode, but all 4 lights blink rapidly all the time, and I’m not charging the unit and it is turned off. The lantern still provides bright light. What could this mean? Is the battery starting to fail? If so, is it replaceable?  I checked the company community forum and had to clear away cobwebs to enter.  I’m hoping just for anyone with knowledge on this type of equipment can tell us to, fix it or ditch and replace… 
Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    @TerryV6, I can't help with the GoalZero 250 issue but can suggest an option that has worked well for us.  I have a GoalZero Crushlight that is really compact and charge off a puck or solar.  I got it for backpacking but quickly realized the solar option is less than optimal.  But in the camper it's great as I can charge it whenever it needs it.  My other option is a Luci Light.  I have several and they work great and charge easily with the solar cell during the day.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Thanks Dave, I’ll check out those options.
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited October 2022
    Terry, You might want to contact Yeti Goal Zero about the light issue, you might get a replacement or ?  I have several Goal Zero lights, and have not had any issues with them, including the small LightHouse light.  They are nice as supplementary lights, and use the LightHouse as a table light instead of the bright overhead light on the TaB400.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,657
    I found this on an Amazon review of what appears to be a slightly larger light.  I want to like these things, but when ever I see "battery cannot be replaced" it stops me from buying them.  I understand how nice they are, though.

Showing 1-2 of 2 answers

Hi there, unfortunately the battery in the Lighthouse 400 is not replaceable. Feel free to reach out to our customer support team at support@goalzero.com or 888-794-6250 if you need any additional assistance. **Please note, we cannot respond to additional questions or comments on Amazon Answers. Please direct your questions to customer support. Thanks!
    GOAL ZERO SUPPORT
    Manufacturer · March 19, 2019

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Well, the light is 4 years old and still chugs along.  I was on the GZ site and left a message in their forum.  I think I’ll get the message that pthomas shared.  So, It is bright, holds a charge and I suspect it it will charge back up.  It is just those blinking lights.  I fixed that with a small piece of electrical tape.  We are REI members and just got a $20 card from them, so I think my wife is on her way out there…. Thanks for all of your input.
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI