Options

Has anyone tried to install a small electric toaster oven in a T@B Teardrop?

We have a 2020 320S Teardrop camper and were thinking of adding a toaster oven, but unsure if this is possible.  Would appreciate any advice as to how this might be done as well as the safety of it.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,657
    Welcome to the Forums.....
    On shore power, with some thought about how many amps you have available, it is certainly possible.  On battery, unless you can make major mods, no. Bigger battery, an inverter, etc would be needed.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 352
    As stated above significant space around the oven required. We have a CS and have used a toaster oven inside on the "dresser" when it was raining. In your position, I wouldn't look for a perinate installation. I would store the oven until it was needed. Then I would set it on a wood cutting board, on top of your stove. Just a thought.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    ObizzyBObizzyB Member Posts: 14
    Hi, I saw this set-up on a previous post here or on a FB page.  The poster indicated she removed the TV from the galley in their 2018 or 2019 320 s/cs and installed a toaster oven. She bought it from Lowes on Black Friday! (I just ordered one: its only $69 and has an air fryer!). It is a Lowe’s brand. It looks exactly like the same model she installed so I’m sure it’s going to fit.🙏🤞
    She indicated the the unit has some clearance but they also open the rear cabinet  when in use.  She rerouted the cord to plug into the rear (interior) wall.  Even if you just stored it in that cabinet and took it out to put on the counter it’s a good storage place.  and for me much more practical than a television! 😂
    Liz S. aka Bizzy B
    2018 T@B CS/S
    2014 GMC Acadia w/tow pkg. 
    Northern CA
  • Options
    ObizzyBObizzyB Member Posts: 14
    Thanks Victoria, “safety first”. I will definitely check out the measurements and the manual. I have heat shields for the cabinet interior, but it may be more trouble than its worth to install. I imagine it’s going be super easy to just pull it out of the cabinet and put it on the counter. I pick it up today. 🥳
    BTW the brand name is Highland sold exclusively by Lowe’s. 
    Liz S. aka Bizzy B
    2018 T@B CS/S
    2014 GMC Acadia w/tow pkg. 
    Northern CA
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 352
    We have used our toaster oven a couple times, mostly outside. We switched to an electric skillet. It appears to be more useful for the same space.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    I can't even use the stovetop in my T@B 320 without setting off the smoke alarm--have to have the front window open and the fan running!   =)
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    I have the same T@b as you.  Make sure you turn the AC off before using the oven.  I tripped the campground breaker a few times myself with AC and hot water set on high. Funny thing is that nothing tripped in the T@b, just the campground... :)
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We have carried a toaster oven in the bottom of the closet in our 400 since 2017.  It is out of the way but has only been used one time that I remember.  Like several other items, (George Forman grill, electric water kettle, Air purifier/ fan.) it is on the list of not really used.  The microwave, induction cook top and the new small Keurig coffee pot get the most uses.  Recently started, to take out "nice to have" but never used items.  Have never used the propane stove to cook.  Induction cook top is becoming the go to item.  Used mainly on small table outside.  
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab