Pahaque side tent

Anyone selling a PahaQue side tent? What is your experience with the side tent if you have one? Is it worth the investment?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,448
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 362
    edited November 2022
    Hi, 

We don't have that brand, but have a Walker tent.  Until this past weekend, we only used it as a canopy shade over the last few years.  But last weekend, we camped in PA and on Friday and Saturday  it rained all day.  With the Walker tent, the sides and front zip onto the canopy  in a matter of minutes.  Having the tent made the weekend that more enjoyable as we were able to stay completely dry while we  cooked outside, ate outside , entered and exited the TAB .  As the weekend went on, the winds increased and temperature  dropped, but it was nice inside the tent.  The Walker and other high quality tents are pricy, but this weekend reinforced our decision to buy it.  It is a bit bulky, but we keep it in our truck top carrier so it can be packed away if wet.   Best wishes..
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
    @SMoore0865 - We have used ours for 6 seasons now.  Easy to set up, doubles your floor space, we use it like a dining/lounging area.  Makes for a great mudroom in cold or wet weather.  In hot sun it is very stuffy especially because it uses tight, no see um screening.  We use fans to circulate the air.
  • Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    We have the Walker tent as well and just love it. It comes with a floor, screens and window covers, and even curtains for privacy and elegance. It can resist prettg high winds too. I use a cheesy plastic straw type of floor under the actual floor because it is very light to carry and it provides some padding that protects your beautiful Walker floor from sharp objects and keeps it dry in heavy rain.  I used the tent during a full week of heavy rain and all I had after several days was a light pearling of water on the  ceiling that I whiped with a rag. To my knowledge, there are two downsides to having a tent:  You have to camp in a more shady spot or your tent will become a toaster and you can NOT use your fridge on propane setting with a tent attached.
    I also found that the time spent to install it differs a lot depending on the user.  We allow a good half an hour.  It will be longer the first time and should be done on level ground, as you will have to snap some fittings in place which will be permanently attached to the tent afterward. 
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"
  • GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    Our used 320s bd came with a cover, wingman bike rack, anderson levelers and a walker tent. Our first trip we didn't have space to set tent up. Our second trip we had space, but sight was so unlevel with an 8 inch drop from the trailer pad to ground, we put the main part of tent up, but couldn't use the side or front. It did make a nice awning though. Took about 20 minutes to sort and set up, not bad for the first time.
  • ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    edited December 2022
    Anyone selling a PahaQue side tent? What is your experience with the side tent if you have one? Is it worth the investment?

@SMoore0865 I have a PahaQue side tent I would sell. I've only used it once. It came with my 2018 T@B 320S used once or twice by the previous owner. My trailer was nearly new when purchased but the previous owner was no longer able to camp. If interested, send me a message, pictured below. I'll sell it for $350, but you will have to pay the shipping or pick it up here in Phoenix, AZ.

2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ
  • Cst16458Cst16458 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2022
    @ReenieG - I am interested in purchasing.

(Edited to “notify” ReenieG.  Moderator)
  • ImNotThereYetImNotThereYet Member Posts: 34
    Wanted to comment on this since I did some research on many tents before getting the REI Wonderland Tent. 1st, it was on sale at 50% off! So 600.00 savings was very tempting to look into it. Pros and cons.
    Does it totally connect to the TAB? No, so if that is really important, this might not be the tent for you. 
    The canopy is just that, a canopy with no bottom and sides do not go down to the ground, however it comes with a tent that will give you the total enclosed area.
    We have tested this in two very extreme environments, the 1st weekend it was well below zero and I sat in there with a buddy heater and was very comfortable. Very high winds and it was fine!

2nd weekend, it rained and we had a nice dry place to cook and eat and just chill in.

What we were using is a simple 40 dollar pop up shelter, which worked fine, but small, not connected and no sides, a bit on the heavy side and took up a lot of space to bring.

You can see my videos on the tent, one I went into a lot of detail on it. Look for the Hunting Island State Park and Skidaway State Park to see it in action.

Here is what we are doing as far as connecting it. If you see it has 4 different openings two on a side that we are connecting to the TAB using those little plastic tab things. I sewed 4 little hooks in the tent that allows easy attachment points. That worked great, you can see the video on it. My only concern with this solution is if we got a heavy rain, the TAB is higher than the tent and the water might run down into the tent area. We have not been able to test this yet, also our next trip out I will be testing a “door” I sewed for the entrance.
    Since we are using the opening to attach the tent, that is not wide open, so I made a door out of canvas that will cover that space. We are going camping at the end of the month, I’ll be posting as soon as I get that done.

In conclusion. That Paha tent is 2,500 bucks! I think if you were camping full time that would be well worth the investment, but for use we decided 600.00 was worth it, not sure if we would have bought it for 1,200.00. It does a lot and we are not disappointed at all with it. Very solid build quality and REI gives you an entire year to return if you are not completely happy, so it seemed like a non brainer for us! Hope that helps! 
    2023 TAB 320 Boondock towing with a 2006 Highlander-www.donjohnsmusic.com
    @ImNotThereYet - I am not sure which PahaQue Side Tent you are referring to, but the 320 S model side tent sells for $699.
    https://pahaque.com/collections/all-trailer-camping-items/products/t-b-trailer-side-tent

The Walker Tent currently sells for $1900.  https://allproadventures.com/products/walker-tent-with-floor-for-t-b-trailers
  • GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    I wouldn't have paid $1900 for a walker tent, would have gone for 1 of those visor type awnings, folds into a small package and only weights 3 or 4 lbs. We already have a free standing screen room. However my 320s came with 1 so here my thoughts. The same thing that makes it good makes it bad. It's big and roomy and very well made. That makes it heavy and bulky to store and travel with. There are a lot of places you just can't set it up. Sometimes it won't fit beside the 320, or the ground is very unlevel, and it requires staking directly beside the trailer. If your on pavement you can't stake it down.
       I've also heard it takes hours to set up, and more than 1 person to do it. the 1 and only time it took us 40 min., and we were looking for parts. The next time it will probably take 20 - 30 min, and I could do it myself.
       There are a lot of very small parts, which I'm likely to misplace over time, 1 small nylon part( less than an inch) cost $36 for a replacement, and Allproadventures is your only source.
       Leaving tomorrow morning for Skidaway, Ga and have made some adjustments. I put a Cargo cage on the bike rack on the back of the 320. put the Walker there. Frees up space in the TV. I don't know what it will do towing character or how stable it will be there, only time  and miles will tell. 
       Forgive me being so long winded, but I'm really excited about this trip. I'll try to post some Photos along the way.
  • ImNotThereYetImNotThereYet Member Posts: 34
    Have Fun GregChris! Yes please post pictures!
    2023 TAB 320 Boondock towing with a 2006 Highlander-www.donjohnsmusic.com