$3,500 Trailer Valet at Costco

Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
edited November 2022 in Products and Accessories
For those with a spare $3,500 to spend, this might be a great stocking-stuffer.  You'll need to input your Costco membership number to access this site.
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
  • Michael_GodshallMichael_Godshall Member Posts: 21
    Must be high demand - it’s now $4,000. 🏕
    Michael Godshall
    Holland PA
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    TV: 2018 F150
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    You have to log into Costco, then click to go over to the Trailer Valet site, input your name and Costco ID, then add the item to your cart to see the sale price. I think the RVR3 price is about $1800, which is a good discount. 

I got the RVR3 from Etrailer. It's good for 3500# and works with my 400. It wasn't strong enough though to push it up onto a leveling pad so I'm not sure if it could push the trailer onto the driveway from the street. Etrailer's package also comes with the ball post mount, although the ball was 2 5/16", so I had to order the Trailer Valet 2" ball. My experience with etrailer shipping was unbelievably horrible (poorly packaged, lost items from box, items not shipped-three shipments over a month and I finally had all the parts).

I see etrailer has the same base package as Costco/Trailer Valet now on sale for $1999 which includes freight. This is for a clamp on style. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    edited November 2022
    I have the drill powered Trailer Valet XL and am really happy with it.  I found though that the interface to the T@b couplers is not as rigid as it is with other couplers with a solid flat surface on the bottom of the coupler, like a UFP coupler.  It works fine for the T@b, just need to really tighten the collar up against the coupler.  I use it more for my boat than the T@b 400.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited November 2022
    Just an FYI—if your driveway has a moderate slope (or worse), do your research before dropping this kind of cash. The Trailer Valet cannot handle some inclines, which is how I ended up installing the Purpleline trailer mover on my Tab. My driveway has a steep but short incline at the street, and a more moderate incline the rest of the way. The Trailer Valet isn’t rated for either of my slopes; the exact rating is somewhere on their site (sorry, it’s been three years, don’t remember exact numbers!)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    I think max slope is 5-6% for the remote Trailer Valet. The Purpleline would definitely be easier since it doesn't require coupling onto a mover, just unhitch and move.

I chose the remote dolly RVR3 rather than the Valet XL so I could move around and see where the trailer is going as it's moving. I have a tight squeeze through a gate onto the RV pad and further adjustment once behind the gate between the house and fence. 
    Debbie in Oregon

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    While I have no need for one of these, I'm curious as to how the process works in real life.  So I arrive at my home with the T@B attached to my TV.  What happens next?  Do I have to block up the T@B then release the TV before putting on the Valet?
    If you want to use the ball mount rather than the trailer clamp mount, then yes, unhitch first. I chock, then unhitch from TV, then move "Dolly" (as I call my robot) into place below the coupler. There are a couple ways you can attach the ball to the coupler, but the key is to use the provided spanner wrench, and really tighten up the collar on the ball mount as @horigan said to keep the ball locked tight in the coupler. Here is a how-to, go to 6:52 for ball mount: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3CPURQUFeY
    Debbie in Oregon

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Interesting but more than twice what I paid for the PurpleLine trailer mover including the cost of installation at my RV dealer. Plus it is always attached and can be used wherever my Tab is. Just my thoughts FWIW. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    When you’re getting up to $3500 maybe it’s worth it to consider other more versatile options like a lawn tractor.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab