Options

Alde heated towel bar with bleeder valve anyone?

YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 343
The exposed bleeder valve that is part of Alde's heated towel bar makes the towel bar a really attractive add-on for my 2020 T@B320S.  Anyone install/purchase one?   Is it true that the bleeder valve on my 320 is located below the access panel opposite the Alde expansion tank?  Alde shows the towel bar on their website, but no pricing I can see.
Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 447
    It appears the heated towel bar is not sold in the US, in the UK it's anywhere from 90-120 UK pounds (x 1.2 for US $). Curious where you want to put it, keep in mind the expansion tank needs to be the highest point in the system. 
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 343
    Grumpy_G said:
    It appears the heated towel bar is not sold in the US, in the UK it's anywhere from 90-120 UK pounds (x 1.2 for US $). Curious where you want to put it, keep in mind the expansion tank needs to be the highest point in the system. 
    Well, @Grumpy_G, you caught me T@B daydreaming. Again. I was watching some English Alde glycol replacement YouTube videos and found myself envying the heated towel bar bleeder feature.  I knew I didn't have to think it through since I could count on a wise and friendly forum voice here reality orienting me!  As daydream background, I had one "mystery" fluid level drop a couple of trips ago... only discovered because there must be a low level pump shutoff.  As with others here, I topped up the fluid and have had 5 additional perfect performance days. So, I have hyper-Alde focus now! I'm sure it will pass... Thanks for your help. 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT