Using Alde heat boondocking

What do I need to do to use the Aldi heat with propane only and no electricity. Should it work with just battery power to operate the pump.
I tried it that way, and it did not operate the pump. I did have lights and other 12v  power inside.

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,689
    When not on Shore Power (120VAC) the Adle will need Propane and 12VDC.
    The 12VDC powers; Control Panel, Adle Logic control board, glycol pump, and propane combustion fan.

Did your system have any Error Codes ?
    Did you review the 'Panel Service' page to see what temperature the glycol was at and if the combustion fan was functioning?

The only issues "I have experienced" when boondocking were caused by low battery voltage.  The Alde combustion fan would not run - - it started but quickly turned-off (you can hear it) . . . and it did not always generate an error message . . . and while the Service Page said voltage was 12.2VDC (above specification) my unit would not heat/run until the tow vehicle [TV] 7-pin was connected {with engine running) to increase the 12VDC level . . . as my battery was cold and weaker than ideal - - - everything expect the Adle worked fine without the TV power source help.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  53   Nights:  334  Towing Miles 42,600+
  • DgbulinDgbulin Member Posts: 2
    Tks for the info
    ill check it out soon 
    you probably are spot on
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,869
    The Alde manual says : Low-voltage shutdown
    If voltage drops below 10.5 V DC, the gas supply to the burner will be switched off.
    This basically protects the battery, but, of course, will leave the camper cold!

You should hear various sounds when the Alde kicks in on propane: the small exhaust fan, and the small pump.  If you open up the Alde compartment and find the glycol pump, it may be hard to hear, since it is so small.  You can put your hand on it to feel if it is working.
    In any case: if the fan or the pump isn't running, the Alde will shut off with an error message on the touch screen panel.  The older manual panel will also show signs of the error.
    So: what trailer and what year do you have?

And:  welcome to the Forums!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 653
    If you have a propane error, make sure you have propane flowing from the tank by operating the stove to confirm propane flow.  Note that if the propane tank valve is opened rapidly, it can result in the internal safety shutoff valve closing.  If that's the case, close, then reopen the tank valve slowly.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA