Options

Bluetooth - what a great feature!

vitovito Member Posts: 181
edited September 2015 in Products and Accessories
On my first extended camping trip and discovered the Bluetooth feature on the Jensen system. How great to be able to link Pandora from my phone to the T@b speaker system.  This, combined with my long hot shower in the T@b is real "clamping".
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I would love this feature.  At least my system has an auxiliary in jack on the front, but bluetooth makes it so easy.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Amazon Music is better than Pandora, IMO.
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    vito said:
    On my first extended camping trip and discovered the Bluetooth feature on the Jensen system. How great to be able to link Pandora from my phone to the T@b speaker system.  This, combined with my long hot shower in the T@b is real "clamping".

I haven't  found the Bluetooth feature on ours.  Unfortunately we store away from home and when we camp I dislike spending my time reading the booklet.  
    We seldom have cell service so that is another obstacle for Pandora or Amazon.
    I am still trying to get DVD sound they the TV rather than the rear speakers, if that is even an option.

Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Cat_913Cat_913 Member Posts: 56
    My 2015 doesn't have Bluetooth, bummer. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I believe you can get a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the input jack - Or, I could have just dreamt that. I have a portable Bluetooth speaker (BigJambox) - Like the portability, can use inside/out or wherever I want music.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    I believe you can get a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the input jack - Or, I could have just dreamt that. I have a portable Bluetooth speaker (BigJambox) - Like the portability, can use inside/out or wherever I want music.
    I think it was an FM transmitter that goes into the headphone sized jack.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    There's those (don't work that well) but I could swear I read about a Bluetooth dongle somewhere.
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    edited September 2015
    Sure, there are a few of them.  You can broadcast from a variety of sources -- I have one for an IPOD nano that has old style apple plugin that I've added a broadcaster, out of a headphone plug  (amazon lists a few of them -- taotronics, anker, azeca among many others), USB dongles for input, but no broadcast into the headphones.  If the device has any aux input (including the standard 2.5 or 3.5" input plug, it can receive bluetooth.  

Look on Amazon for the type you want -- as long as there is an input available (iPod, mic jack, USB, among others), there is a broadcast sender or receiver to match up ....

Like PxLated, I have a bluetooth speaker.  In addition to portability, it doesn't draw battery power to run (as long as you can charge the device (TV inverter or USB charging port).  Got to keep that battery draw down....

Mine also sounds great (better base than T@B speaker system).  
  • Options
    mash2 - Amazes me how good the sound is out of my Jambox. I also have a specialty Bluetooth speaker unit that ties into my GarageBand setup and I can actually play my bass thru it - not real booming loud but good enough for practice.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Honestly, an old fashioned 3.5mm audio cable is probably the easiest route to go. http://amzn.to/1MancmD

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Easiest but least convenient :-)
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Mine is a JBL Charge.  Great sound and doubles as a USB charging dock in emergencies (6000 MAh battery).   In keeping with trying to get my stuff to always do double duty (a second backup charger if needed).  If needed, I can charge it through my primary small stuff charger (a 50000Mah solar charger that I leave on the dash).