repairing rot in side

Earlier this year when closing the clamshell of my t@b it appeared one of the gas pistons froze up and ripped its anchor on the right side of the kitchen wall which peeled the covering exposing what appeared to be rotted wood siding. The pistons are easy enough to replace but finding a new place to anchor it onto good wood is not working out. 
It seems that this is a large task. How extensive is it and who can do that? It's probably time to reseal it (last time was probably 2016) anyway. 
T@B CS 2008
States visited with our TB

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,680
    @Sam452 - you have a Dutchman clamshell with known hatch hinge leaks.  I know when Pleasant Valley took over TaB production, they came up with the current hinge design that has passed the test of time.  Have you had hatch hinge repair work done previously?  I would send an email to tech@nucamprv.com with pictures and inquire about a repair.  They can probably help you find a TaB dealer for the repair.  If the wood damage is that extensive, I wonder if a new hatch is in order?  Not sure if the current TaB hatch would fit.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio