Options

nucamp cover for a Tab400

carlislecarlisle Member Posts: 2
The cover for thee Nucamp400 will scratch the plexiglass windows.  How do Nucamp owners protect their windows when they cover their Tab 400?

Comments

• Options
    AubreyAubrey Member Posts: 144
    I have heard of wrapping them in cling wrap
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,653
    Many owners have used covers for years and have no issues with the windows.  Maybe the big 400 stargazer window might be a concern, but there have been no reports of anything like that happening. My cover is securely fastened to the trailer with the installed straps on the cover.  I use spring clamps around the edges to prevent any movement. 
    Welcome to the Forums!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    If anything the cover will abrade the plastic trim along the sides and to some degree the back before it scratches the windows. My trim was slightly hazed with one winter of not covering them. The most vulnerable windows are the stargazer and front window as the cover tends to rest and rub against these. With that said I try and cover ALL of the windows and trim with plastic cling wrap (the stuff they use to wrap palettes) but Saran Wrap as well. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    carlislecarlisle Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the helpful advice!  It was great to see these responses!
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    U-haul sells wide (green) rolls of cling wrap.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    Covering the windows will help with some scratching from the cover but still plan on polishing the windows every year or other year.  They will still get some minor scratching from general use and may get a bit cloudy over time.  Ours did.  Maybe oxidation?  I polished ours this past summer for the first time and they looked almost brand new.  I will still cover them when the trailer is under its cover for the winter and will plan on polishing them every spring.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    AubreyAubrey Member Posts: 144
    Plexus for the windows, and they make a polish for scratches in acrylic ....
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    We live in Fl and whenever we put our 400 in storage, we use a cover and have since purchasing in 2019.  We have  custom wrap on both sides and the trailer looks as good as the day we purchased it.  No issues with the windows.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida