Options

Blackstone Griddle Storage

AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,277
edited December 2022 in Products and Accessories
We purchased a carry bag for our 17" Blackstone Griddle, but after a year it had wear holes and a stuck zipper. It was not a quality item, but riding on the roof of our Jeep didn't help. I've been searching for a better solution for a long time and had to make a couple of returns for dimensions that weren't what they claimed to be. Finally found one at Walmart. The griddle fits nicely inside and the box will ride well on the back of our T@B.

Stockton, New Jersey
2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• Options
    JoEDJoED Member Posts: 4
    We're planning on getting the same griddle, thanks so much for this recommendation. Do you set the griddle on top of carry tub when you are cooking on the griddle?
    Thanks,
    Joan

• Options
    edited February 2023
    @JoED The tub will be strictly for transport. We setup the Blackstone on a table. We carry a small one or have used the outdoor Lagun mount a couple of times. But when not Boondocking, a picnic table works best. Hope you love your griddle as much as we do. My wife actually made stuffed shells on it for the pot luck at uCamp22.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    JoEDJoED Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! I appreciate the photo of your setup too. We were also at NuCamp22. it was a fun week- I really enjoyed the factory tour and Mandy's photo class/walk! 
    Happy Trails,
    Joan
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @JoED Something to consider with the Blackstone is purchasing a 5lb propane tank. Much easier than keeping up with the one pounders.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    halfhalf Member Posts: 6
    Thanks.  Just purchased and seasoned the griddle top.  Good idea for storage.  I just could not justify 2 x the price just for the metal cover. Figured I would have to find or fashion something for covering the grill during the trip itself. Figured would need to be metal but presumably this container upside down (after cooling the grill) would work. 
  • Options
    @half the metal hood pictured above on our Blackstone was an aftermarket product found on Amazon a couple of years ago. It had to be modified to fit the Blackstone, but worked well. Unfortunately these are no longer available and the new ones are more expensive.
    Stockton, New Jersey