Lithium & Inverter Upgrade

I upgraded my single BB to a 3 battery setup with a 3000W Victron Inverter and added an external solar connection.

Now we just need to find a time to escape the frigid north for warmer climes.

Comments

• A_boondock_ownerA_boondock_owner Member Posts: 11
    Nicely done! Assume you have the inverter on a switch to reduce vampire drain. Have you measured the idling current this inverter uses?
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,268
    I agree. Very clean installation. Jealous of the addition space available in the 400 for this upgrade.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 265
    Nicely done! Assume you have the inverter on a switch to reduce vampire drain. Have you measured the idling current this inverter uses?
    Everything is controlled through Bluetooth. This inverter is also my charger and is on charger mode
    when the inverter is not used. 
    Have to disagree on the clean installation - I noticed the excess ziptie shank was not removed:

=)
    Couldn't help myself.  It really is a beautiful piece of work.  Love the matching arcs of the battery cables.  I'll bet the screws for every outlet and switch cover plate in his house all face the same way (as they should).
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
    Tabaz said:
    Have to disagree on the clean installation - I noticed the excess ziptie shank was not removed:

=)
    Couldn't help myself.  It really is a beautiful piece of work.  Love the matching arcs of the battery cables.  I'll bet the screws for every outlet and switch cover plate in his house all face the same way (as they should).
    Ha ha. That’s great. I still have some tidying up to do with all my cables. It’s just so cold right now that I’ll wait till it warms up. And yes, all the screws in the faceplates are aligned vertically. 😂
    Yea a very nice clean job.  It helps that nüCamp had the infrastructure already in place, and just the batteries, inverter/ charger and cables need to be added.  Those of us with older TaB 400s, need to rearrange the battery compartment to accommodate all the newer gear.  B)
     cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Denny16 said:
    Yea a very nice clean job.  It helps that nüCamp had the infrastructure already in place, and just the batteries, inverter/ charger and cables need to be added.  Those of us with older TaB 400s, need to rearrange the battery compartment to accommodate all the newer gear.  B)
     cheers 
    Yeah. It did make it a bit more manageable. Nice to have that space set aside.