Options

Trailer meets tree/ getting a new rear 2022 320S BD cage?

BandBBandB Member Posts: 33
This happened in December and it's taken me until now to be able to talk about it. We had taken our 2022 Tab 320S in for a warranty issue that we had just noticed (warranty was going to expire on December 15th). There were a few inches of snow on the ground, but we managed to get it out of our side yard and to the dealer. TV is a Chrysler Town and Country van, so it was a struggle with the snow.

Upon our return from the dealer my DH had it in his mind to back up enough to then pull forward into our previous parking spot for the Tab. TV tires were spinning a bit, so once he got some traction he went for it, forgetting about our apple tree, which he backed up into pretty hard, which of course really bent in the rear cage of the Tab. It bent enough to put a very slight dimple in the aluminum skin of the Tab.

Have any of you ever had to repair or replace the cage? I'm wondering if we should have a new one sent to our dealer with a normal inventory delivery so we don't have to pay so much shipping and have it installed in the spring once the ground dries out and we can get our Tab out of the yard. I assume we would order it through our dealer and not directly with NuCamp?

Thankfully, it's mostly a cosmetic issue.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Yes, order via Dealer.  Maybe someone can just straighten it?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Check with a body shop first.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Well the rear cage unit saved the trailer from worse damage…
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    BandBBandB Member Posts: 33
    In case anyone would be interested in how this got resolved, when we sent pictures of the damage to our dealer's parts and service director, he said they couldn't repair it. He gave us an estimate of $699.50 for the aluminum rear cage guard and $272.26 for shipping and about $200 for installation.

I asked if we could save on shipping costs by having it come with their next order of trailers, and he said he'd give that a try. That worked out for us, saving us over $270. 
    Our total cost with installation was $955. It gives us peace of mind to have a new guard on. A little indentation and minor scratching remain as a reminder of our "encounter".

If you wanted to install it yourself it can also be drop-shipped directly to you.