2023 400. Is this a heat vent in the bath?

Picture from the NuCamp FB group.

I'm guessing this is a heat vent? Connected to a convector in the floor or the wall?

Another owner is getting the "3rd Party Panel Connection Failure" error.  Looking at the owner's control panel settings, the "Alde Flow" was unchecked, but the "Underfloor Heating" option was checked.  I know there are convectors around the shower units in the old 400's, but has NuCamp installed the (very elaborate) underfloor heating option?  I'm doubtful....but I'm asking anyway!

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Yes, yes it is.  There is an Alde heat convector inside this housing, which keeps water off the convector, but allow the warm air to rise out of it.  Works very well too.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Thanks......so the convector goes up a ways from the floor?

2017 Outback
  • qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    So in my 2019 400 there is a convector with fins under the shower floor with an panel for air access at the floor in front beneath the door. The shower "convector" follows that connection in mine and is a solid tube shaped in an upside down U. It has a bleed valve at the top under the plastic cover. This is the last connection in the loop before it returns to the reservoir in my unit, which is in the closet. I know the plumbing in the others may vary quite a bit, but my shower floor stays nice and warm and the shower itself as well from the Alde.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Thanks very much!
    2017 Outback